Kaspersky keeps deleting a file every time I open it

Whenever I try to open the file, it gets deleted for “Dangerous application behavior”. Before opening it, I scanned it, and Kaspersky found no viruses. The reputation is unknown because fewer than 10 people with kaspersky use it. I am 99.9% sure the file is safe, so how do I stop kaspersky from deleting it?

Hello @ColeSnyder87

Welcome!

You can create an exclusion for the file, however, before doing so: 

1. Save & attach📎 the KIS File Anti-Virus report that shows the detections please? 
  2. Scan the detected object using Kaspersky’s threat intelligence portal and also select Submit to reanalyze, add your email address & comments & send to Kaspersky Virus Lab (KVL) 
  3. Log a case with Kaspersky Technical Support, select the Malware, False Positive template (image 2 below); zip the .exe file, name the zip archive malware, or infected & protect the zip archive with a password, add the zip archive to the request; add the password to the request; provide a detailed history & the URL/link to this Community topic: Support may request Logs & or other system data, they will guide you if necessary.

• After submitting the case, you’ll receive an automated email with an INC+12digits reference number, then, normally, within 5 business days, a Kaspersky Technical Support human will be in touch, also by email, you may continue to engage with the Kaspersky Technical Team via email or by updating the INC in their MyKaspersky account.

Please share the outcome with the Community when it’s available? 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳+🐋

@ColeSnyder87 Welcome.

⚠️ Only if you trust the object please try this ⚠️

• Disable option : Settings > General > Perform recommended actions automatically
  • Kaspersky will ask you to decide which action to take on detected objects
  • Chose for “Quarantine”
  • Restore the  quarantined object
  • Create an exclusion rule for the object 
  • Enable option : Settings > General > Perform recommended actions automatically !