Kaspersky Internet Security for Mac disables Chrome and Safari

Hi:

I just bought a subscription to Kaspersky Internet Security for Mac. After about a minute, after the program starts up, my Chrome and Safari web browsers can no longer access websites. However, I can ping the 8.8.8.8.. I’ve had to remove the Kaspersky Internet Security in order access the web via Chrome and Safari.

Tell me please, how do I remedy this situation?

Hello @reselbob

Welcome!

Before installing KIS, were the following checked & confirmed? 

🅰Hardware & software requirements

🅱Possible software conflicts

IF “yes”, please do the following: 

1. Restart the application.
  2. If the issue persists, reboot the Mac → full power OFF, power on, login.
  3. If the issue persists, uninstall KIS, using the uninstall wizard?
  4. Additionally, for both browsers, manually uninstall the Kaspersky Protection extensions → Chrome Help &  Safari help
  5. At the completion of the uninstall, shutdown the MAC, complete power OFF, power on, login. 
  6. Download & clean install KIS? 
  7. If the issue persists, collect Trace files, log a case with Kaspersky Technical Support → follow the template in our image, however, select your OS & your KIS version & patch; include a detailed history, traces, images are always helpful, KIS Reports. 

• After submitting the case, you’ll receive an automated email with an INC+12digits reference number, then, normally, within 5 business days, a Kaspersky Technical Support human will be in touch, also by email, you may continue to engage with the Kaspersky Technical Team via email or by updating the INC in their MyKaspersky account.
  • When Technical Support tell you why the problem is happening & how the problem is fixed, please share their information, with the Community? 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳+🐋

Additional resource: 

Read before you create a new topic! tutorial by @Danila T.