Kaspersky has removed Norton Utilities.

Go to solution Solved by Flood and Flood's wife,

• Solution
Posted (edited)
On 5/21/2024 at 3:19 PM, kr-faker said:

Kaspersky has removed Norton Utilities

4. PDM:Trojan.Win32.Generic - I'm curious why?

Hello @kr-faker

Welcome!

1. Is the software *genuine* Norton Utilities?
  2. Is the Norton Utilities *combined* with any Norton AV software? 
  3. Norton *Utilities* as a stand-alone-product is *not* listed: List of applications incompatible with Kaspersky for Windows
  4. PDM issues need to be analysed by Kaspersky Virus Lab experts, please do the following: log a request with Kaspersky Customer Service, https://support.kaspersky.com/b2c#contacts  - on the support page, select either Chat or Email, then fill in template as shown in the image below; (fill in (your) software - we've used Kaspersky Standard as an example) - please include any screen images of the error & a *detailed history*. Support may request logs, READ: Files to send to Kaspersky technical support in case of PDM malware detection, traces & other data; they will guide you                                                       image.thumb.png.afb2b4e74a03f2323183a046595fd8f7.png

Please share the outcome with the Community, when it's available? 

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife
removed whitespace

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/22/2024 at 6:08 AM, lightof7ustice said:

Are you using both Kaspersky and Norton on the same OS?

I use Kaspersky for antivirus and Norton Utilities is not an antivirus, but I uninstalled Norton Utilities now :)

On 5/23/2024 at 12:08 AM, paraarribanube said:

I think it's fine, Norton utilities is garbage

I decided not to use it :)

On 5/23/2024 at 12:26 AM, Berny said:

@kr-faker Welcome,

The point is that Norton is incompatible with Kaspersky ...

I deleted the Norton utility and decided not to use it.

On 5/23/2024 at 7:00 AM, Flood and Flood's wife said:

Hello @kr-faker

Welcome!

1. Is the software *genuine* Norton Utilities?
  2. Is the Norton Utilities *combined* with any Norton AV software? 
  3. Norton *Utilities* as a stand-alone-product is *not* listed: List of applications incompatible with Kaspersky for Windows
  4. PDM issues need to be analysed by Kaspersky Virus Lab experts, please do the following: log a request with Kaspersky Customer Service, https://support.kaspersky.com/b2c#contacts  - on the support page, select either Chat or Email, then fill in template as shown in the image below; (fill in (your) software - we've used Kaspersky Standard as an example) - please include any screen images of the error & a *detailed history*. Support may request logs, READ: Files to send to Kaspersky technical support in case of PDM malware detection, traces & other data; they will guide you                                                       image.thumb.png.afb2b4e74a03f2323183a046595fd8f7.png

Please share the outcome with the Community, when it's available? 

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

You have decided not to use the Norton utility. Resolved. Thank you for your answer.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1