Kaspersky Free keeps spamming desktop with "download denied" message

Product: Kaspersky Free

Kaspersky Free keeps displaying pop-ups near the system tray regarding Safe Browsing blocking a download. I can't narrow this down to a particular site, but more to the point, I just don't want to see these anymore.

EDIT: The "Details" button opens to a list of these events:

Today, 2023-01-13 6:55:57 PM;Download denied;Opera Internet Browser;opera.exe;C:\Users\XXXX\AppData\Local\Programs\Opera\opera.exe;C:\Users\XXXX\AppData\Local\Programs\Opera;3848;ABACUS\XXXX;Initiator;Blocked;Blocked;https://adtonus.com/code?id=11;Probability of unauthorized software download;High;;https://adtonus.com/code?id=11;code?id=11;https://adtonus.com;Web page;Cloud Protection

2023-01-13 19_17_20-.png

Edited by Malevolution

Hello @Malevolution

Welcome!

1. adtonus - Kaspersky is protecting you! 
  2. Opera is not supported - refer Kaspersky Basic | Standard | Plus | Premium, Hardware and software requirements, Browser support
  3. Check Kaspersky Reports for the event? 
  4. Read & follow: Kaspersky notification of detection, file or website detected by Richbuff
  5. Read & follow: How to remove advertising applications from your browser

Thank you?
Flood?+?

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife
?

15 hours ago, Flood and Flood's wife said:

Hello @Malevolution

You're most welcome!

1. Kaspersky is protecting you - would you prefer that didn't happen?
  2. Read & follow the documentation. 

Thank you?
Flood?+?

Greetings, @Flood and Flood's wife

Thank you for your reply.

TL;DR: I have solved the problem by disabling "Safe Browsing." Perhaps the fact that Kaspersky Free does not support Opera is the real problem? I don't know.

Also, regarding the two sets of instructions you provided, respectively:

1. These instructions -- which are well over 3.5 years old -- direct me to a "Threats and exclusions" section that does not exist in Kaspersky Free, and as a bonus contain a link that leads to a 404 error. 
  2. These instructions, which are well over 2.5 years old, do not apply to Kaspersky Free.

Both of these articles need to be updated. Please pass my concerns to whoever is responsible for documentation.

Thanks again for your time.

-Mal

6 hours ago, Malevolution said:
  1. TL;DR
  2. Perhaps the fact that Kaspersky Free does not support Opera is the real problem? I don't know.
  3. I have solved the problem by disabling "Safe Browsing."
  4. Both of these articles need to be updated. Please pass my concerns to whoever is responsible for documentation.

Hello @Malevolution, Mal, 

You're most welcome!

1. Looks like you read some of it, so that's a start?
  2. As far as Opera not being supported, if, for example, you were to log an issue with Kaspersky Technical support & advised them, what you've reported here, they would tell you to use a Supported browser & recheck the issue - if the issue was replicated, support would proceed. 
  3. Disabling Safe Browsing - 11 mentions - is most unwise, we strongly encourage you to revert. 
  4. Thank you for the dead link & documentation concerns?, we've escalated. 
  5. Kaspersky Free, Threats and Exclusions.
  6. The majority of How to remove advertising applications from your browser is current & does apply generically, the only concern is there's no guide for Kaspersky's new software - everything else is AOK - we encourage (you) to read it, use it, start by looking at the Opera browser - have any extensions or addons been updated - are there any *new* Opera browser extensions or addons? 
  7. @Leor, also reported Incessant notifications about "adtonus.com"

Thank you?
Flood?+?

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife
added KResource || ?