"Kaspersky found an unknown device in the network"

Go to solution Solved by Flood and Flood's wife,

I love Kaspersky and I'm posting this here because I didn't find any other way of letting Kasperskyk know this, which should be easy to remedy.

This warning in my Kaspersky Plus kept torturing me because I thought somebody was hacking my network, or perhaps a neighbor found a way of getting wi-fi on the cheap. I checked my modem and router and changed my passwords a couple of times, until I finally understood. Kaspersky's right hand doesn't know what its left hand is doing. The last time my laptop's name appeared as the "unknown" device. I rarely use it, but it is one of my 3 devices that are registered in Mykaspersky.

7 horas atrás, vdorta disse:

I love Kaspersky and I'm posting this here because I didn't find any other way of letting Kasperskyk know this, which should be easy to remedy.

This warning in my Kaspersky Plus kept torturing me because I thought somebody was hacking my network, or perhaps a neighbor found a way of getting wi-fi on the cheap. I checked my modem and router and changed my passwords a couple of times, until I finally understood. Kaspersky's right hand doesn't know what its left hand is doing. The last time my laptop's name appeared as the "unknown" device. I rarely use it, but it is one of my 3 devices that are registered in Mykaspersky.

Sorry my friend for not being able to understand what you want to know or solve your problem.
Could you be clearer on the subject.

• Solution
Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, vdorta said:

This warning in my Kaspersky Plus kept torturing me because I thought somebody was hacking my network, or perhaps a neighbor found a way of getting wi-fi on the cheap. I checked my modem and router and changed my passwords a couple of times, until I finally understood. (1) Kaspersky's right hand doesn't know what its left hand is doing. (2) The last time my laptop's name appeared as the "unknown" device. (3) I rarely use it, but it is one of my 3 devices that are registered in Mykaspersky.

Hello @vdorta

Welcome!

1. (ioo) - that's often true. 
  2. Has the rarely used Laptop, that Kaspersky Plus Smart Home Monitor is detecting as "Kaspersky found an unknown device in the network" - been given a *proper* name in the Kaspersky Plus Smart Home Monitor
  3. Does the rarely used Laptop, that Kaspersky Plus  Smart Home Monitor - is detecting as "Kaspersky found an unknown device in the network" - have a *proper* name - in (your) MyKaspersky account?  
  4. IF the answer to 2. is 'No' - *manually* - in Kaspersky Plus, Smart Home Monitor - rename the Latop from unknown to the name in (your) MyKaspersky account: How to change the device name.

USER_2024-03-09_111928.thumb.png.78b6ca9d885eaa61a2ea57ae70880c2c.png

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

Resource: 

About the Smart Home Monitor

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife
formatting || added resource: How to change the device name