Kaspersky for Windows Server - Cannot open the Application console

Go to solution Solved by Cesare,

Hello

I installed Kaspersky for Windows Server 10.1.2.996. When I open tray icon, the “Open Application console” menu is grayed out. 

I am logged in as domain admin. I also tried to put administrator user in the KSC Policy: Supplementary - User access permission for application management”. But I continue to see the menu as disabled.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Hi,

KS4WS does not automatically install\provide the full local GUI (it’s a MMC snap-in): you have to install it starting from the same exe file you’ve downloaded from K website. When you run it the “splash screen” provides an option like “Install Administration Console”: this is what you’re looking for.

Cesare

Hi,

KS4WS does not automatically install\provide the full local GUI (it’s a MMC snap-in): you have to install it starting from the same exe file you’ve downloaded from K website. When you run it the “splash screen” provides an option like “Install Administration Console”: this is what you’re looking for.

Cesare

Hello Cesare, Administration Console is for Kaspersky Security Center, not for Kaspersky for Windows Server… am I wrong?

well, “KSC Administration Console” is the MMC snap-in to manage KSC Server, yes it’s true.

But here we’re talking about another “administration console”...the one related to KS: i’m attaching a screenshot it might help you better than my words ;)

Cesare

I do not see what you say...

first, i would recommend to install version 11

Then, you’ve begun yet the installation of the server component while you have to install Console outside this procedure...simply execute the exe you’ve downloaded from K website!

Here you have a better help: https://support.kaspersky.com/KSWS/11/en-US/148329.htm

Thanks

I just instaled KSC13 and it does show only kaspesky for windows server 10, not 11...

https://www.kaspersky.com/small-to-medium-business-security/downloads/endpoint?_ga=2.166860477.2053826983.1618563010-283262888.1610382362

Ok, I understood the reason: I tried to reinstall KSC. When you install KSC 13 you can install (using wizard) the plugin for v11 but you cannot instal package for v11 but only for v10. I will donwload it manually…

Thanks