Kaspersky detects as Trojan: RoboForm: c:\windows\system32\tasks\Run RoboForm TaskBar Icon

zivshosh

Greetings

AV: Kaspersky Antivirus 2019

I work with Roboform without a problem now in version 8.6.6.6

when I updated to 8.6.6.7 I was informed by KAV that there is a trojan in:

c:\windows\system32\tasks\Run RoboForm TaskBar Icon

this file has no extension but it is an xml file and there is a minor editable difference between this file and the corresponding file of the previous version.

I excluded the file since I saw bo harm in it, but KAV continued to nag.

Please could you tell me what to do?

(I update KAV everyday)

thank you

zivshosh

Thank you FLOOD for a quick answer

of course all programs are licensed but I renewed KAV 2019 just a month ago. I was expecting to be on 2020 version but I stayed on 2019. How do I upgrade to KAV 2020?

Would KAV20 work with the same license I received only a month ago?

BTW, I would have believed you without the attachments

Thanks again FLOOD

Tried to upgrade to KAV2020 but it didn’t help

maybe because Kaspersky tries to push its own Password Manager

rolled back to where I was few days ago.

Maybe next year when my KAV license expires

Hello @zivshosh,

You’re very welcome!

Thank you for believing me, that’s very kind🙏

Some people take in written information, some by hearing, some by images, some a combination of all; I include what I can to cover all bases☺

Thank you for the additional information👌

• Re:  “Would KAV20 work with the same license I received only a month ago?”

Yes.

• Re: “Roboform licensed?”

I noticed the Free version has a trial period which may limit how long I can test for, if further testing is necessary🤔

• Re: “KAV licensed?”

It’s good to know, thank you🙏  The Free version has no Technical Support, if it’s necessary to refer to them I don’t like to waste anyone’s time, knowing in advance helps make sure that doesn’t happen.

• I confirm my previous advice after rechecking Roboform & a selective scan of  c:\windows\system32\tasks\

❓ Was Roboform installed before or after KAV? 

• Please let me know what the support team advises? 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

neither of the programs is free. all are bought and legitimate and licensed

I suspect that roboform does the same as Kaspersky password manager so maybe there is a conflict. I didn’t install K password manager but its icon appeared (maybe ready for installation)

I wonder why the upgrade to KAV2020 didn’t help

luckily roboform 8.6.6.6 works fine (everywhere version)

Roboform support team says it’s Kaspersky problem and indeed I got the “trojan” file from a friend who upgraded and compared and found minor differences (location,computer name etc)

but this friend doesn’t work with Kaspersky….

to sum the case I rolled back to where I was few days ago and everything works

thanks again

Hello @Ziv

Welcome!

• Are you reporting the same issue as @zivshosh?
  • KAV reporting c:\windows\system32\tasks\Run RoboForm TaskBar Icon as a Trojan is not at all indicitave of a KPM conflict.
  • KAV does not come with KPM pre-installed.
  • Do you have a separate install of KPM? 
  • May I have the KAV Report please: Open KAV, select Reports, select Detailed Reports, select ALL Events, select 24hrs, select Export, save the Report as a .txt file & attach📎 to your reply please?

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

this is a very long process

I need a lot of time for that

my KAV now is 20.0.14.1085 and updated to today (it is updated every day)

as for the support issue: rf support says that the xml files does not contain any trojan (it is an editable file and I read it thoroughly and there’s nothing suspicious in it)

kav support is you… recommended moving to kav2020 and I got the same warning

I tried to exclude the file but it didn’t help hence I rolled back

I have the everywhere version of rf so it synchronizes passwords to its server back and forth so maybe kav views it as infiltration of some kind. I know nothing about hacking but it doesn’t look serious. gmail also connects and brings mails from the google server

the problem is not solved but I can work with rf 8.6.6.6

many thanks

Hello @Ziv

• Please clarify, are @Ziv & @zivshosh the same person?
  • I’m not sure what “this is a very long process, I need a lot of time for that”, is referring to🤔  Generating the KAV Report & uploading to the Topic takes less than 5 minutes.
  • Please note, the Kaspersky Community is not KAV/Kaspersky Technical Support.

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

Hello @Ziv,

Welcome again!

Now that the topic  Solution to Kaspersky & Roboform conflict has been closed.

Thank you for updating us👌 .

1. Just so there’s no misunderstanding, I believe you, with or without data & images, I simply state I cannot replicate the issue.
  2. May I have an exported KIS Report please, select ALL Events, select 24hrs, save the Report as a .txt file & attach📎 to your reply please?
  3. Have you raised the issue with Kaspersky Technical Support?
  4. Just as FYI, I’ve installed Roboform to a different system, using a different account, it’s not default installing to C:\Windows\System32:  RoboTaskBarIconRoboTaskBarIcon 🤔 & I don’t have Run Roboform process 
  5. Have you uninstalled & reinstalled Roboform?

Please let me know?

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

Hi,

Please send me by private message this file c:\windows\system32\tasks\Run RoboForm TaskBar Icon compressed with Winrar and with password "virus" (without quotes).

Regards

Than you FLOOD

I don’t know how to address Kaspersky technical support

Yes, I reinstalled KAV 2020

since the problem is solved the isuue is closed and I see no points in sending reports

I do believe that I had a trojan in c:\windows\system32\tasks that KAV detected. in fact two!

Now I’m updated in both KAV & RF and all is quiet in this front

thank you so much for your enormous help but the real turnpoint came from RF forum when someone remarked that the file I complained above is NOT a RF file, so I let KAV “disinfect” it and the problem was solved. BTW the file is still there, it is editable (xml) and its content is innocent enough

Thanks again