Kaspersky creates unwanted file, .com_kaspersky_iswift_journal, created at root level upon restart.

tlance
Go to solution Solved by tlance,

I am testing AntiVirus solutions. I have tried Kaspersky and am considering it. But I want to delete if rom my system and have done so, even every invisible file. But upon restart I have an invisible file at the root level. .com_kaspersky_iswift_journal The mere fact it is being created when everything else related to Kaspersky that I can find has been deleted is very troubling. I want it gone.

Oooops. Was too early in the morning to be responsible! I have deleted that file three times. It is created again at restart of system. But there is nothing else of Kaspersky on the drive. Visible nor invisible. At any level. With any permissions level. Something else remains not named Kaspersky that is creating this file? macOS 10.14.6 unsure of KAV version as I've deleted it - was whatever Mac version downloaded a week ago downloaded install was named: kavmac20.0.0.829ar_en_es_fr_pt_ru_tr_19087

I used the disc image file named above, provided by KAV downloads page: kavmac20.0.0.829ar_en_es_fr_pt_ru_tr_19087 "imo" - Are you saying you do not know if 'kaspersky_iswift_journal' is a KAV file or not? That you just have an opinion that it is not? Researching is showing me I am not the only one seeing this. Since I'm not getting any real help/insight here I guess I'm on my own with DuckDuckGo.

Fixed. Found the uninstaller app. Sure would have been great if I had been pointed there in the first place.
The Kaspersky Remover is very potent medicine, and just like all other potent interventions, there can be concrete, undesirable side effects in addition to the desired target effect. In your case, it appeared that the potential benefits did not outweigh the potential side effects. I rarely instruct use of the Kaspersky Remover, preferring to instead see if Tech Support indicates usage in each potential case.

Fixed. Found the uninstaller app. Sure would have been great if I had been pointed there in the first place.
As well as the very sage advice from richbuff, We help as best we can, to do that, we ask questions, the information provided helps us help you. Generic information results in generic advice. We are so glad you solved the issue:thumbsup_tone3:. Thanks for letting us know:pray_tone3:.