Kaspersky blocking desktop audio recording

Hello all! Hope someone can help me with this. 

I had Kaspersky Security Cloud and renewed my subscription by subscribing to Kaspersky Plus.

Since switching to Kaspersky Plus, I have no longer been able to capture audio from my computer's desktop.

I need to record the screen and desktop audio (not the microphone) during my work shifts, whether using OBS, NVIDIA Screen Record or another program. I have already tested several programs and I can only capture images, the sound is not working.

I've already configured everything, I've removed drivers from audio card, I've removed Windows updates, I've reinstalled other drivers, I've also installed older versions of recording programs, with no positive results.

I've also been watching Kaspersky tutorials to set rules and exclusion for certain apps. Even so, it still doesn't work.

What to do? Can anyone help me? This is a really important and uncomfortable situation for me, as it is causing me professional problems.

What is certain is that with Kaspersky Security Cloud this did not happen.

Thank you in advance for your attention. Greetings to everyone.

Hello @harlan4096  Thanks for your attention.  My KPLus version is 21.18.5.438(a)

I already checked Managed applications, all good supposedly (as you can see on images attached).

The strange thing is that, even if you try to install and record with another application, it will never capture audio.

Thanks again for your support.

OBS.png

OBS2.png

No, nothing. I kept the same settings I had with Kaspersky Security Cloud and just renewed the subscription. The switch to Kasperky Plus was done automatically via My Kasperksy.

The next day, I immediately noticed that something was wrong with the audio capture.

Hum weird, so the new version was installed over the previous KCloud?

Ok, try to uninstall the current KPlus, using Windows Control Panel -> Programs and Features, the K. standard uninstaller, then download KPlus install and perform a clean installation.

• Like 2

Hello again. Hope you are good. So I did what you said and I uninstalled KPlus and then I did a clean installation. The problem remains, impossible to capture deskotp audio with OBS or other applications.

So I decided to unistall again and try to use OBS without KPlus on my pc. It's working without problems, recording audio and image without issues (picture attached) (with KPlus installed, even the image is not recorded in Full Quality). Theres like a block from KPlus to OBS, even if even if I add the program to Kaspersky's exclusions.

My question is, if you can help me, what can I do to have KPlus installed without without harming OBS? Thanks a lot for your help and attention. Best regards.

OBSwithoutKaspersky.png

• Like 1

So, You don't get any warning message? and You can record audio is KPlus is exited I guess...

Can You check Your K. extended Reports, specially in Intrusion Prevention module.

Also, try to disable main protection modules: File Anti-Virus, System Watcher, Intrusion Prevention, one by one and try to record audio, to determine which one is blocking.

• Like 1

Hello again. Only today did I have time to install KPlus again and do what you recommended.

I turned off tool by tool and tested OBS, but without positive results. The program only continues to record images, it does not capture audio from the desktop.

It only works 100% if I uninstall KPlus. But this didn't happen when I had a Security Cloud subscription.

Any additional ideas on how I can resolve this issue? Thanks.

• Like 1

Hello @harlan4096  Just to inform that I fixed the issue randomly. 

I tried again to put OBS on the KPlus exclusions list and activated all exclusions, it didn't work.

I know this may not make much sense, but then I tried selecting option by option in the exclusions, selecting only one option. I came to the conclusion that OBS works fine when I only activate the "do not monitor program activity" option.

The important thing is that the problem has already been resolved. Thank you for your attention and help. Compliments.

• Like 1