Kaspersky Background Scan?

2 minutes ago, Berny said:

@Joefram80

Depending on your version please try this command:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Total Security 21.x.x\avp.com" start scan_qscan

Type that where?

So it doesn't auto background scan by default say when laptop is idle for 5 minutes?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Joefram80 said:
  1. Type that where?
  2. So it doesn't auto background scan by default say when laptop is idle for 5 minutes?
  3. How i check what version i have?  When i go to add/remove programs, shows i downloaded kaspersky total last year and shows the version a 21.3.10.391

Hello @Joefram80

Thank you for posting back, the extra questions & confirming the software version installed?

1. Background scan/rootkits can be searched for manually via the Windows command prompt: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Total Security 21.3\avp.exe" start scan_qscan - when (you) start the cmd.exe, run it with administrator privileges = rightclick the cmd.exe & select Run as administrator, then enter the command to run the scan & allow the process to complete. 
  2. The Background scan runs automatically once a day and after a computer restart. Also the Background scan runs as a part of Full Scan & or Quick Scan, so if (you) have executed a Full Scan, there's no need to run an additional Background scan  - all of this is true unless there's a problem or the Background scan has been turned OFF. 
  3. Other ways to find the version:
  • On the Windows Taskbar or hidden icons, rightclick the Kaspersky icon, select About
  • Open the Kaspersky app, in the lower-left-hand-corner, select the Headset? icon, this opens the Support page which shows the (Kaspersky) application version on the fourth line from the top? 

In Kaspersky Scan Reports, all Scans are logged (we filtered ours to one week, just to show an example)

image.thumb.jpeg.c3d3c796ca479e8853f4f4bd2a55001a.jpeg

The Kaspersky Background scan documentation states:

A background scan is started in the following cases:

• After the anti-virus databases are updated.
  • Thirty minutes after Kaspersky Total Security launch.
  • Every six hours.
  • If the computer remains idle for five or more minutes (after the screen saver is started).
  • A background scan is interrupted when any of the following conditions is met:
  • The computer becomes active again.
  • If an Idle Scan has not been performed for more than ten days, then the scan will not be interrupted and allowed to finish.
  • The computer (laptop) switches to battery mode.
  • When running a background scan, Kaspersky Total Security does not scan files whose contents are located in OneDrive cloud storage.

IF there's any issues or (you) have any concerns, please post back? 

Thank you?
Flood?+?

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife
added image
  • Like 2