Kaspersky auto deletes files that are in exclusions

Dona

I have added my Graphtec (Plotter cutter) files to exclusions and the software has been added to safe, But after latest update Kaspersky AUtomatically deletes the file common.dll! I have even paused re installed Graphtec and added to exclusions again but it still deletes it. How to solve this please?

Hello Dona, Welcome! Would you be kind enough to let us know which KAV version is installed please? Can you go to KAV "Reports" & see if there are any recorded events for the deleted file? If so please export the report, then copy & paste one or two the the identified entries & please post back? Also please provide the full path of the exclusion & where you've applied in KAV please? Also, has this problem just started, or, has KAV always objected to Graphtec (Plotter cutter) files? If it's a new issue, can you let us know what may have changed that may be contributing? Also, may we have a GSI: https://support.kaspersky.com/common/diagnostics/3632#block7 please? Thanks so much!

Hi, Thanks for taking time to answer my enquiry KAV 18.0.0.405 Yes, it was an issue about a year ago... However after numerous attempts of adding to exclusion, eventually it stopped. I have been reinstalling Graphtec software for 3 days (with Kaspersky diabled) adding to exclusions and safe, but every time Kasperky is enabled it deletes the file and Graphtec stops working. Reports: Does not show in deleted.. full path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Graphtec\Graphtec Pro Studio\Program and then picked the file. I have also provided different paths C:\Program Files (x86)\Graphtec\Graphtec Pro Studio I have also tried to exclude via notification centre and still no positive outcome. Thank you :)

Hello Dona, Thanks for posting back! May I ask, is there a reason you're still on 18.0.0.405 please? Is this by choice? If yes, please tell me the patch, usually represented by a letter, for example 18.0.0.405(a)... ? So, after having it work for a good 12 months, 3 days ago, it began to be a problem again? Something has changed.... Has the Kaspersky application updated to a new patch? Before we suggest solutions let's try to work out why Kaspersky has decided to be difficult all of a sudden? Could we trouble you for a GSI please: https://support.kaspersky.com/common/diagnostics/3632#block7 please? Many thanks!

Definitely not my choice, perhaps I am just to daft to think that it would update to a new version automatically as it does the virus data base :D What happened was that, Windows 10 updated, and problem re occurred (it had updated before a few times and no issues to report until now) GSI.. should I include Window log too? Thank you

Most probably not as much as I should. I have been recently turning it off at the end of the day as it started crashing (a few times- Blue screen with writing: PC run into some problems, we will restart it for you). The crash happened maybe 6-7 times in the last 3 months. GSI is running, I will report as soon as it is done Thank you again for your help :)

• 11 months later...

GSI got stuck every time I tried to run it so, I had never managed to run it in the end.

What did solve the issue was that I had to reinstall the actual software the antivirus was deleting/stopping in the first place. It took a few reinstallations and while every time adding the software to exclusions and it did work in the end… It happened after I purchased a new membership so I am prepared it will happen again 

so far so good….