Kaspersky antivirus Import/export settings, Save > Export, freezing. Windows 2004.

polferis
Go to solution Solved by nexon,

Hello friends, I just install Kaspersky antivirus trial, I setted it up for my needs, is awesome, I really like it. But I want to save, export my settings and it doesn’t work at all! When I’m clicking on “export”, Kaspersky is freezing, nothing works, a Windos pop-up appears, “close program”… It’s not so a big deal, but.. why doesn’t work? 

This doesn’t work even after reboot the pc… I Installed it on my Acer laptop i5, 8GB RAM running Windows 10 latest version 2004 on a SSD. Thank you.

Hello @polferis,

2004 is supported✅

• The Export, Import feature does work

Link

Please do the following:

1. Uninstall KAV according to documented instructions, make sure the system is shutdown at the end of the uninstall, using Shutdown, not Restart; power device on, login.
  2. Run KAV software compatibility check.
  3. Download and install a new installer, follow the documentation carefully. 
  4. Recheck the Export, Import issue🤔, if it persists, run a GSI & Windows Logs & post back?

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

Hi,

Welcome.

Please tell us which version of KAV you are running? 

Also 2004 windows update is new and is not supported. It is supported with patch (k) now. Do you have patch (k) and version 2020?

I’m running KAV trial the version downloaded yesterday from the official Kaspersky website (kav20.0.14_22591--trial). I don’t know what patch-k you are talking about… Please, if you can give some remarks or even some links, I’ll appreciate this. Thank you for the answer.

@polferis did you restarted pc? So now you can check if the problem is still here.

@nexon … from yesterday, of course I restarted my pc many times especially for that. Right now I tried again, same problem… it’s freezing. I will uninstall it and install again tomorow...

@nexon … today I uninstalled Kaspersky with the removal tool, restart pc two times, looking back for some remaining folders, even registry keys… downloaded a new installer and installed. I did what you said, updated it twice, restarted twice… and the same problem appears… Let it be so… it’s not a big deal… maybe my Windows version is the reason… Anyway, thank you for your kindness in helping me!