kasperky shared account

my friend bought kaspersky plus for several device. he gave me one using his account. can he monitor my internet traffic and browsing history or websites im visiting. i've seen another kaspersky features like parental control are able to do this. can he also do this with the kaspersky plus subscription?

Posted (edited)
On 7/2/2024 at 1:50 PM, arcadis said:
  • my friend bought Kaspersky plus for several device. he gave me one using his account.
  1. can he monitor my internet traffic and browsing history or websites im visiting.
  2. i've seen another Kaspersky features like parental control are able to do this.
  3. can he also do this with the Kaspersky plus subscription?

Hello @arcadis

Welcome!

1. No. 
  2. Correct, the old version of Kaspersky's software had Parental control, now it's called Kaspersky Safe Kids (KSK) & KSK does have Web activity monitoring. 
  3. No, in the latest release of Kaspersky's new range - *only* Kaspersky Premium has KSK https://www.kaspersky.com/home-security
    If somehow he has old Parental control / OR KSK with Kaspersky Plus, both of those applications would need to be installed directly on *your* computer - then he becomes your parent, not your friend😨

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.38185666258dc80ea098c3dc5f93a003.png

4. IF you've received a *shared* Plus subscription, you should have your own MyKaspersky account with your *own* email address & your own Premium Password Manager. 
  5. As the *owner* of a *shared* Plus subscription - what he *can* do, readShared protection & Remote management of computer protection

image.thumb.png.d9e0229bbd6e3adab3f6a6ce60ec6cc9.png

image.thumb.png.42178f68bde574b25e232fdf111df3a3.png

Information about Commands from MyK remote:

image.thumb.png.2d69bee2250607f5b56f207dae91fb3b.png

image.thumb.png.c0b3ddddffb0fe41e38867672df0e808.png

Any issues or concerns please post back? 
Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife
image numbering