Kapersky prevents me from trimming videos. notification telling me I do not have permission to save changes to this file.

dAiLyGrInD

Recently I’ve been trying to use the windows built in trimmer to shorten videos but whenever I’ve tried to I’m met with a notification telling me I do not have permission to save changes to this file. I’ve done a little research and tried other remedies for the issue with none working and the only thing left to do is to temporarily disable my anti-virus because it stops the editing of files. So how would I just stop Kaspersky for a little bit while I trim my videos?

Recently I’ve been trying to use the windows built in trimmer to shorten videos but whenever I’ve tried to I’m met with a notification telling me I do not have permission to save changes to this file. I’ve done a little research and tried other remedies for the issue with none working and the only thing left to do is to temporarily disable my anti-virus because it stops the editing of files. So how would I just stop Kaspersky for a little bit while I trim my videos?

Hello @dAiLyGrInD

Welcome!

1. IF it is Kaspersky application actually stopping the editing, on the Windows Taskbar or Windows hidden icons, rightclick the Kaspersky icon, select Pause protection, however, also check the Kaspersky Reports, if Kaspersky is causing the problem, there should be events logged in the Reports that give some information. 
  2. Also, have you tried naming the edited file a different name or saving to a different location? 
  3. Also: Read before you create a new topic!, tutorial, by @Danila T. 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳 +🐋