Issues with App Sync

MDCrabtree

For some reason I am having a lot of problems with the Win10 app. 

it started when I noticed that the list of allowed websites shrunk by a lot. 

Netflix, although appears to connect, does not stream video. 

I tried to block youtube but it still works! Not impressed when we rely on this software to help us protect our kids. 

I have check my daughters laptop and the list of allowed websites does not relate to what I have listed in My Kaspersky at all!

It appears to be linked to only allowing the white list (Allowed sites) turning that off means the streaming if videos works. This is not acceptable as I want to control the exact sites my child can go to. What is the point of the white list and the “block all websites except exclusion” if it doesn’t work correctly?

For some reason I am having a lot of problems with the Win10 app. it started when I noticed that the list of allowed websites shrunk by a lot. Netflix, although appears to connect, does not stream video. I tried to block youtube but it still works! 

I have re-installed the app on the laptop, the allowed sites now sync, but video viewing on Netflix or Disney plus still does not work, even though I have the sites in the allowed sites list and the correct categories enabled. I have check my daughters laptop and the list of allowed websites does not relate to what I have listed in My Kaspersky at all!

It appears to be linked to only allowing the white list (Allowed sites) turning that off means the streaming if videos works. This is not acceptable as I want to control the exact sites my child can go to. What is the point of the white list and the “block all websites except exclusion” if it doesn’t work correctly?

Hello @MDCrabtree

Welcome!

1. Is Youtube accessed via browser or Youtube app? 
  2. Which Supported browser is used? 
  3. Do the same issues happen in every Supported browser
  4. Has Netflix ever worked? 
  5. Please post a full screen image of the Netflix issue?
  6. Please post a full screen image of the Disney plus issue?
  7. Please post a full screen image of all Allowed/white listed sites? 
  8. Please post a full screen image of all Restrictions for website categories ?
  9. Please post a full screen image of the “checked daughters laptop and the list of allowed websites does not relate to what I have listed in My Kaspersky at alldiscrepancy ?  
  10. How old is your daughter please? 
  11. Is KSK licensed or free? 
  12. May we know your country location please? 
  13. Are there any other Kaspersky software products installed, if yes, please tell us the name & version(s)? 

Note: the above will enable us to to test the issues. 

Please post back? 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳 +🐋