issue of a 50 GB trace file [Moved]

Hi,

Please can you explain the problem better? KES or KES Cloud?

Have you activated the traces?

Regards

KES Cloud, KES for Windows 11.5 on this client; 

So on Wednesday, I started getting notices that my hard drive was filling up, so I went and ran Disk Clean up, as we’re supposed to regularly do as computer-users… and I was only able to recover 30 GB. Windows update packages and a restore point I didn’t need. At this point in my job, I’m not writing databases or making training videos, so I was puzzled. I checked my disk space usage. 

With all my options greyed out in the Kaspersky client from my end, and me being brand new to the system, I have seen some documentation that says that I can delete these traces from the cloud management console, but I haven’t had an opportunity to try that out.

try open the regedit and edit or add

for 32 bit “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\KasperskyLab\protected\KES\Trace\Default”

value: "TraceFileEnable"=dword:00000000

for 64 bit “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\KasperskyLab\protected\KES\Trace\Default”

Value: "TraceFileEnable"=dword:00000000

or run your system in safe mode and just run the file Trace_OFF_x64.reg or Trace_OFF_x32.reg

Let me know about it.

that’s for disable trace files only. If you want to delete them …

In Kaspersky Security center on premise right click on device > custom tools > remote diagnostics > sing in.

then you can disable traces file too, or delete them

For do this in Kaspersky security center cloud console, select device name > advanced > remote diagnostics.

Kaspersky security center cloud console is a different product, maybe you have kaspersky endpoint security cloud, I will show you a console.

if you have kaspersky endpoint security cloud, try delete these files manually, it could be protected so maybe you should uninstall AV and detele them then install the AV again.

let me know about it.

Thanks Adons.

I was eventually able to manually delete the biggest files.

I’ve noticed that in the Endpoint Security Cloud console some of the switches don’t seem to work? there are supposedly options in the client to limit the Trace file size, which probably would still mean that there would be thousands of files and still would add up (like my collection of useless pennies), but again they’re greyed out. I also don’t see any anything to turn Trace off until required.

try open the regedit and edit or add

for 32 bit “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\KasperskyLab\protected\KES\Trace\Default”

value: "TraceFileEnable"=dword:00000000

for 64 bit “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\KasperskyLab\protected\KES\Trace\Default”

Value: "TraceFileEnable"=dword:00000000

or run your system in safe mode and just run the file Trace_OFF_x64.reg or Trace_OFF_x32.reg

Let me know about it.

use this to disable traces files.