is there automatic sample submission and can I disable it?

I'm using Kaspersky plus on a windows 10 / 11 box and my question is, is there automatic sample submission similar to Windows Defender? if yes could I disable it?
a follow up question is, if a malware sample is detected when my box isn't connected to the internet, will that sample still get submitted for future analysis when my box is back online?

P.S I'm not worry about my privacy, rather just will my malware get submitted / distributed with other vendors or not

40 minutes ago, peragiy963 said:
  • I'm using Kaspersky plus on a windows 10 / 11 box 
  1. is there automatic sample submission similar to Windows Defender? if yes could I disable it?
  2. a follow up question is, if a malware sample is detected when my box isn't connected to the internet, will that sample still get submitted for future analysis when my box is back online?

P.S I'm not worry about my privacy, rather just will my malware get submitted / distributed with other vendors or not

Hello @peragiy963

Welcome!

Detections are not automatically submitted to Kaspersky, however, if you participate in Kaspersky Security Network (KSN), you automatically send information about the configuration of your operating system and the start and completion time of processes in Kaspersky application to Kaspersky & data to contribute to the cloud-based knowledge base of Kaspersky containing information about the reputation of applications and websites.

Read: Participating in Kaspersky Security Network

To disable KSN: in the GUI Search field, type KSN, then follow the numbers in the images

image.thumb.png.b0c67c9b29861503281f7611be09be1e.png

image.thumb.png.eadc513960dbfdc39b6f95625f8f1582.png

2. *Also* read: What to do if a Kaspersky application blocks my website or application - it includes using Kaspersky Threat Intelligence Portal to analyze any detections. 

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife
added  What to do if a Kaspersky application blocks my website or application - it includes using Kaspersky Threat Intelligence Portal
  • Like 1

On 8/31/2024 at 4:42 AM, Flood and Flood's wife said:

Hello @peragiy963

Welcome!

Detections are not automatically submitted to Kaspersky, however, if you participate in Kaspersky Security Network (KSN), you automatically send information about the configuration of your operating system and the start and completion time of processes in Kaspersky application to Kaspersky & data to contribute to the cloud-based knowledge base of Kaspersky containing information about the reputation of applications and websites.

Read: Participating in Kaspersky Security Network

To disable KSN: in the GUI Search field, type KSN, then follow the numbers in the images

image.thumb.png.b0c67c9b29861503281f7611be09be1e.png

image.thumb.png.eadc513960dbfdc39b6f95625f8f1582.png

2. *Also* read: What to do if a Kaspersky application blocks my website or application - it includes using Kaspersky Threat Intelligence Portal to analyze any detections. 

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

thank you, but can you link me to a Kaspersky document stating that samples are not automatically submitted?

• Thanks 1

On 9/2/2024 at 1:36 AM, peragiy963 said:

but can you link me to a Kaspersky document stating that samples are not automatically submitted?

Hello @peragiy963

You're most welcome!

1. No, because no such document exists. 

Why not? 

• Because Kaspersky does not allocate resources documenting things its software does not do, rather, it allocates its resources to providing documentation informing/educating its subscribers on actions the subscribers may wish to take, when a detection occurs, for example: What to do if a Kaspersky application blocks my website or application & another example of their documentation: Exclusions and actions on object detection.
  • Furthermore  - Kaspersky alerts do not state - Hey dude, chill, relax, go windsurfing, we've automatically sent the information to Kaspersky for you!

image.thumb.gif.34397c96eb2f048789d39dbe52cbc782.gif

• Also, Virus and Ransomware related questions section - would not be full of topics from Kaspersky subscribers asking for help, bc Kaspersky 'blocked' their website OR some such issue - IF the alert said "we've automatically sent the information to Kaspersky for you.... blah, blah, blah"
  1. Kaspersky can't do that... 
  2. It would serve no purpose.
  3. No incident would be able to be created in the Kaspersky system for Kaspersky to allocate resources to work on the issue. 
  4. Your email address would not be sent - see our previous reply regarding KSN. 
  5. The Virus Lab would not be able to reply to you. 

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife
pn
  • Like 1