Is Kaspersky Standard enough for virus protection?

Hello everyone, 

I'm using Kaspersky Standard product, this product is enough for virus protection? I mean: For example, do other products use a different AV engine? Is there any such difference? (I don't need VPN and Data leak checker)

Thanks...

4 minutes ago, ArthurCallahan said:
  1. I'm using Kaspersky Standard product, this product is enough for virus protection?
  2. I mean: For example, do other products use a different AV engine? Is there any such difference? (I don't need VPN and Data leak checker)

Hello @ArthurCallahan

Welcome back!

1. Yes it is. 
  2. No they do not, they use the same AV, they simply have additional features, which you've already identified you don't need. 

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

Reference: 

Comparison of subscription plans

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife
added numbering for 2.
  • Like 2

I will buy external mobile hard drive and cloud drive service to store valuable data in other locations

I will save my many passwords in a notebook

I will clean useless junk files and personal history via third party software like CCleaner or ashampoo winoptimizer

I will use tool like Autoruns to manual optimize my os settings

I will use CrystalDiskInfo to check the health of my HDDs and SSDs

I will use my router‘s management website page to monitor devices connected to my wifi. will also set enough strong passwords for my wifi so that I dont worry that someone else will share my internet.

also there are many other choices for VPN software.

As far as I concern, I only need K standard. and I miss old K internet security.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, ArthurCallahan said:
  1. So, Kaspersky Standard is equal to Kaspersky Internet security, right?

Hello @ArthurCallahan

Thank you for posting back & the extra question. 

1. That's what we all thought, however, on Kaspersky's website: https://www.kaspersky.com/home-security - they've resurrected the old names & merged them with the new, so now they're selling: 

Standard Plan, Kaspersky Standard Anti-Virus

Plus Plan, Kaspersky Plus Internet Security

Premium Plan, Kaspersky Premium Total Security

k-old-k-new.thumb.png.d87d873db1ec34fe8e03f1a5f0adf30b.png

• Added to that, what we're hearing - here in the Community - when people are being offered renewal, & their original software was KIS, when they select the Renewal link, it takes them to Kaspersky Plus & if their original software was KTS, their Renewal link redirects to Kaspersky Premium
  • & for anyone who's confused, we'd all recall the marketing blurb in the blog: Kaspersky: we’re starting a new digital life - (snipped for focus)

names-3.thumb.png.0f652a6b54728d266a295fe17b320841.png

• And yes, we did log it with the service desk, they are confused too, now there's a surprise, not. Pending HO clarification. 

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

grammar

On 1/22/2024 at 12:28 AM, ArthurCallahan said:
  1. So, Kaspersky Standard is equal to internet security, right?

Hello @ArthurCallahan

Thank you for the extra question!

1. No, please note the *current advice* - dated 25th Jan, 2024, from Kaspersky HO experts:

Kaspersky Standard Antivirus, Kaspersky Plus Internet Security, and Kaspersky Premium Total Security are not a mistake, it was done on purpose.

INC000016-2.thumb.png.c42aebc88dd729ae7b6196d3758fd773.png

• Kaspersky Anti-virus = Kaspersky Standard Antivirus
  • Kaspersky Internet Security = Kaspersky Plus Internet Security
  • Kaspersky Total Security = Kaspersky Premium Total Security

k-old-k-new.thumb.png.c96dce3a7536a2f0cb58feac10bcc8f3.png

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

added image