Is Kaspersky Security Cloud blocking Windows Remote Desktop Connection?

I recently added a couple of refurbished computers running Windows 1909 to my existing home network. One of them is a laptop that I use in bed (where I spend most of my time these days due to worsening chronic illness), and the other is a PC in the kitchen.

I set up Windows Remote Desktop, so that when I'm in the kitchen I can access the laptop, and vice versa. This setup worked fine, until today when I tried to connect from the laptop to the PC and only could see a black screen:

But I am still able to connect via Windows Remote Desktop from the PC to the laptop.

I tried to think what I had changed recently that might be interfering with the remote desktop connection, and the first thing that came to mind was the antivirus program. On January 1 Comcast stopped providing Norton Security Suite as part of it's discounted Internet service for low-income seniors. So I installed the free version of Kaspersky Security Cloud. Could that be the culprit? If so, I'd be grateful for some guidance on how to get the remote desktop connection working again.

Will in Seattle
a.k.a. "Clueless"