intune compliance scripts and conditional access for kaspersky

Hello

I would like to create a compliance script in intune to check if kaspersky antivirus is installed and running, if not installed or running i would like to mark the computer as not compliance and apply conditional access so the user cannot access for example email.

I am attaching a link explining how this works:

https://www.petervanderwoude.nl/post/working-with-custom-compliance-settings/

Can anyone help in creating that script in powershell?

Thanks in advanced!

Albert

You can try to query avp.com (and parse output):

C:\Program Files (x86)\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Endpoint Security for Windows\avp.com STATUS

You can also check if specific executable files exist or if specific programs are installed (within windows software database).

• 2 weeks later...

I tried the following powershell to get Antivirus services status but I only get null:

$service = Start-Process -FilePath " C:\Program Files (x86)\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Endpoint Security for Windows\avp.com" -ArgumentList "STATUS"
$status = @{"Status" = $service.AVService}
return $status | ConvertTo-Json -Compress

Can anyone help me to get the correct result so I can use on intune to valiudate antivirus is working?

you can use something like this (this script works locally) but I am not sure how to return the correct state to intune (I assume a true or false return value?):

$myExeOutput = & "C:\Program Files (x86)\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Endpoint Security for 

$found = $false;
$myExeOutput |
Where-Object {$_ -match 'File_Monitoring' -and $_ -match 'running'} |
ForEach-Object {
#$_ -replace '\s+Version:.*$',''
Write-host "av is running! "
$found = $true;
}
return $found;

$myExeOutput = & "C:\Program Files (x86)\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Endpoint Security for Windows\avp.com" STATUS

$found = $false;
$myExeOutput |
Where-Object {$_ -match 'File_Monitoring' -and $_ -match 'running'} |
ForEach-Object {
#$_ -replace '\s+Version:.*$',''
Write-host "av is running! "
$found = $true;
}
return $found;

first line was truncated…

• 2 weeks later...

Could you please post a screenshot how this is configured into intune?

Do you want to monitor other components of KES as well? It depends which components are activated within the policy but I would check all the basic ones (FileAV, WebAV, MailAV,  …)

• 1 month later...

working fine thank you! I just need to find which is the best parameter to make sure antivirus is working...

Hey Palmer, Do you mind sharing your exact detection compliance script? I am trying to do something similar however not having any luck.