Internet access for desktop app

Hello,

I’d like to ask you to help me.

We use KSC policy (Web Control) to block the Internet connection. However, we need to allow the Internet access for one application (it’s a chat desktop app). The problem is that it’s impossible to get all IP addresses the application is connecting to because servers are around tho world and there are dozens of them. Even if I specify public IP ranges the application uses and allow the category “Chats, forums, IM” in Web Control, application is not working.

Is there any workaround how to allow this application to have full Internet access?

Thank you for your time.

KES: 11.2.0.2254
NA: 11.0.0.1131
KSC: 11.0.0.1131

Can I ask how you blocked internet using web control component via KSC?

Any content - To all addresses - To all users - Block - Always

I can suggest allowing internet and then blocking all apps that are not required, and using the only one that you require, using the application control and firewall component.

Please expand this.

This is not about apps. This is about blocking the Internet access for users.

If I allow the Internet access and block specific apps, user will be able to browse the Internet which is undesirable.

hello,

If you go to Essential Threat Protection, and select Firewall, selecting configure rules for network packets and data stream, you can select and control what a user can do or device as a whole.

For example you can block browse internet webpages, and more alike. Check if that it helps.

I haven’t tried it but I know it will not work. In “Browsing web pages“ you block ports 80, 443 that need to be allowed for the application communication. Also, we need to block all Internet access except for one desktop application and approx. 30 webpages (portals, etc.). If I block “Browsing web pages”, they won’t be able to open important webpages. That’s why we use Web Control and it’s working fine. We just need to allow the Internet access for one application.

You can add that executable to trusted programs exclusions (I don’t know how this is exactly called in the english policy) and tick “do not inspect traffic”. This should allow every traffic of that program (if you want that...).

This setting shoud be in “general setting” → exclusions...

Hello,

I’d like to ask you to help me.

We use KSC policy (Web Control) to block the Internet connection. However, we need to allow the Internet access for one application (it’s a chat desktop app). The problem is that it’s impossible to get all IP addresses the application is connecting to because servers are around tho world and there are dozens of them. Even if I specify public IP ranges the application uses and allow the category “Chats, forums, IM” in Web Control, application is not working.

Is there any workaround how to allow this application to have full Internet access?

Thank you for your time.

KES: 11.2.0.2254
NA: 11.0.0.1131
KSC: 11.0.0.1131

I asked it here but I haven’t got it working yet.

https://community.kaspersky.com/kaspersky-corporate-products-27/internet-access-for-desktop-app-8580?postid=44203#post44203

Hello @Hello There,

The Community is made up of users of Kaspersky software (like you) , all who give their time freely, to help other Community members (like you). There's a small team of Kaspersky employees - all of whom are clearly identifiable, bc, their profile shows "Kaspersky Lab Employee". For the most part, & from my observations, the willing helpers engage in providing technical analysis to address technical issues.

If no other Community “experts” contribute to your topic, please raise the issue(s) directly with the Kaspersky Technical expert Team via your Kaspersky Company account.

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳