Installation task not reporting back

Hi is there anyone else have the problem that the installation task does not pass agent version 11.0.0.1131 trying to install Deploy Kaspersky Endpoint Security 11.1 for Windows (11.1.0) (11.1.0.15919) or Deploy Windows Server Kaspersky Security 10 for Windows Server 10.1.1.746 MMC Consol

Hey Fredrik, our installation tasks run separately, first Agent, then KES. Nevertheless, everything runs smoothly here. We use Agent 11.0.0.1131 and KES 11.1.0.15919. Is nothing written to the event log at all? Is there a connection between Agent and KSC? If necessary, run klnagchk.exe -sendhb in the directory of the Network Agent on the client as administrator to verify & establish a connection. Then run the installation task again. Post the output of klnagchk if this does not fix the problem. Please anonymize IP address or server name to ensure privacy of your company. Cheers, Leon

Hey Fredrik, Okay, I've checked with us internally. We have a current project with a bigger customer (Endpoint Security for Business Advanced) and a colleague of mine has the same problems you've described with installation of KES 11.1.0.15919 and Network Agent 11.0.0.1131. In his opinion, it could be either
  1. the Admin$ Share on the affected client,
  2. GPOs,
  3. Windows Firewall
  4. or another AV program.
Maybe this could also be applicable to your infrastructure. Please provide us the installation & error logs. If these approaches do not help, an incident must be opened at Kaspersky Lab Support. Be sure to keep us informed about your problem, it could affect other users as well. Kind regards, Leon

I have raised a case regarding this with Kaspersky. so we will se what they say. I am not using gpos or to my knowledge the admin$ share. it could be a firewall issue. but I did not have this issue with previous version of the network agent. I have asked a co worker to test a similar installation but with the older agent but on same server and same software to be installed. I have a nagging suspicion that we have a patch wait for

The Admin$ Share is used to copy the installation files from the Administration Server to the respective client. If the permissions here are not sufficient, the installation task cannot be executed. I'm looking forward to the answer of the support and your co worker - Keep us up to date! :smile: Have a nice evening, Leon

• 2 months later...
I still have this issue. and i dont realy know what the cause is but. the installatin task does not get updated correct regardless of the result of the installation. and version of the agent performing the installation. i forgot i have this thread so i have opened another thread. https://community.kaspersky.com/kaspersky-corporate-products-27/agent-issues-2242#post11476

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

as i still have the issue i now thinks this may be a certificate issue. the kaspersky server certificate have not been updated when i have upgraded the server to ksc11

I noticed that the certificate is only a sha1 certificate. i have installed ksc 11 on a separate server and on that server the certificate is sha256.

and i think this gives me some weird issues. so i would like to update the certificate.
i could only find an article for this on ksc10

but not on ksc11.

any suggestions

sincearly

Fredrik Buchanan

• 3 weeks later...