Installation KSC 12 on Cluster

Go to solution Solved by alexcad,

Hi,

I have a question regarding installation KSC 12 on cluster.

1). How many servers involve in this installation? Is it 3 servers? a). MSSQL server serve as DB server. b). KSC server serve as node 1. C). KSC server serve as node 2.

2). This is my Lab Testing situation.

A). I have an AD server.

B). I have a server that act as a cluster management. Do i have to add both ksc server into my cluster management?

C). In DB server, do i need to create a separate database for both KSC? or both KSC will share a single database?If need to create a separate database, how the database will be mirroring? For an example,if node 1 is down, the how will be database for node 2 grab the information from database node 1?

1). How many servers involve in this installation? Is it 3 servers? a). MSSQL server serve as DB server. b). KSC server serve as node 1. C). KSC server serve as node 2.

Yes - and it is important to note:

• KSC supports only active/passive failover cluster installation.
  • a dedicated MSSQL/MySQL database server is requiered. You need to manually create a DB for KSC.
  • You have to use Domain-Accounts as Service-Accounts and you have to grant this accounts the necessary permissions for the DB.

As a Kaspersky partner, you have the option of completing course 302.11 in the partner portal.

Regards
Alex

Hi,

How about my question on no 2. Let say i have a windows server that act as a cluster management. 2 servers will be act as KSC server for active passive node and 1 server act as DBMS.

My question is, the 2 servers will act as a standalone cluster or will be manage by cluster management?

One more note on this discussion: 
I have actually never seen the need to create the KSC as a cluster. Only failover is possible - no active/activ. Usually it is not a drama if the KSC is not available for a short time. Especially since it can be restored quickly even in a total crash.

Regards
Alex

Hi Alex,

Thank you for replied,

What do I mean is, not to create the KSC as a cluster, but act as a failover. Yes I know that if the KSC is crash and it can be restored quickly using the latest backup. However, since many of our customers/users asking if the KSC can support failover-active/passive situation. So maybe we can suggest this situation.

1 more question, if 1st ksc down/crash, how the 2nd ksc take over the database from 1st ksc?. The replication of data or data mirroring is it real time?