Installation Issues with Kaspersky Anti-Virus Software on Intel Evo Laptop

Judy Watson

Hello everyone,

I am facing difficulties installing Kaspersky Anti-Virus software on my Intel Evo laptop. When I try to install the software, the installation process fails, and I receive an error message that says "Installation failed, error code 1603." I have tried downloading the software from different sources, but the issue persists.

To resolve the issue, I have taken the following troubleshooting steps:

• I have ensured that my internet connection is stable and working correctly.
  • I have disabled my Windows Defender antivirus software before attempting to install Kaspersky.
  • I have run the installer as an administrator, but the issue persists.

Despite trying these steps, the problem remains unsolved. I suspect that there may be some compatibility issues between Kaspersky and my Intel Evo laptop.

If anyone has encountered a similar issue while installing Kaspersky Anti-Virus software on an Intel Evo laptop or has any other potential solutions, please share them with me.

Alternatively, if you have any recommendations for alternative antivirus software that is compatible with Intel Evo laptops, please let me know.

Thank you in advance for your help and suggestions.

1 hour ago, Judy Watson said:

I am facing difficulties installing Kaspersky Anti-Virus software on my Lenovo Intel Evo laptop. When I try to install the software, the installation process fails, error message: "Installation failed, error code 1603."

Hello @Judy Watson

Welcome! 

1. Read before you create a new topic!
  2. Re the generic error "Installation failed, error code 1603" - check with Microsoft & or Lenovo Technical Support? 
  3. Which Intel Evo OS & build - refer to point 1. above? 
  4. REMOVE all Kaspersky software then shutdown the laptop using SHUTDOWN, not Restart, power on by pressing the power button, login. 
  5. REMOVE all OTHER AV software then, shutdown the laptop using SHUTDOWN, not Restart, power on by pressing the power button, login. 
  6. Read: KAV, Hardware and software requirements
  7. Download KAV from Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Windows®
  8. Read & follow this guide carefully: KAV, how to install the application
  9. Re ' alternative antivirus software', try Kaspersky Internet Security or Kaspersky Standard from Kaspersky new range (if it's available in your region).

Please post back? 
Thank you?
Flood?+?

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife
Added 9.