install requited updates and fix vulnerabilities

Go to solution Solved by Guest #37,

We have Endpoint Security for Business SELECT task to update ( Install Required updates and fix vulnerabilities ) OS to 1903 completes with an error : "installation of updates was missed because the number of previously taken attempts to install those updates 5 exceeds the limit set on 5" so i decide to delete the task.. (to reset that counter)... now i can not create a new one: "The operation requires a license for Vulnerability and Patch Management". I think that a few programs are sypported for the SELECT version ( windows updates, mozilla, notepad and etc.). What i have to do? KSC 11.0.0.1131 KES 11.1.1.126 I have one more question, how to remove old plugins installed (KES 10 SP2 as an example) that appears in Administration server properties? Thank you, Best Regards!

• Solution
Hi, Please review: https://www.kaspersky.com/small-to-medium-business-security/systems-management
For Kaspersky Endpoint Security for Business Select customers, this automation is available with the Kaspersky Vulnerability and Patch Management Add-on. Kaspersky Vulnerability & Patch Management is also included in the following products:
  1. Kaspersky Total Security for Business
  2. Kaspersky Endpoint Security for Business Advanced
How to remove plugins review: https://support.kaspersky.com/9303 Regards

Well, this task (install windows updates or something similar) was available on my server a few hours ago, with no option to add software, or approve, or decline. Only option was to accept EULA for software like Firefox. There i found the message for 5 unsuccesfull attempts for update.

Hi, For that "reason" they are failed. "Select" licenses do not have the “vulnerability and update patching feature, nor do you install software from operating systems and third parties” Regards

yes and no :) may be it was not a "Vulnerability and Patch Management" but there was autoupdate featrure (for windows updates, adobe acrobat, mozilla adn etc.). Unther the name "Install Windows Updates" Task #138. The reason for the unsuccesfull (windows 1903) update have nothing to do with Kaspertsky products.

Hi, As I cannot see the whole screen, I cannot assure you, but it seems like a software report installed, this functionality applies to any KSC license. Regards

Hi, The event corresponds to the report “changes to the objet status”. You have given the name of the task when creating it. If, when trying to create a Windows update installation task, you are told that your license is Select and you need to have at least Advanced, or the addon. Regards