Improvements to Kaspersky Safe Kids [MOVED]

jayC

Hi,

Please consider the following suggestions. 

1. In many instances, I have noticed that website restrictions do not work on Kaspersky Safe kids despite the listed category options provided to turn on or off.  In some instances, they can type in or copy-paste the website addressed directly that takes them to game sites, online streaming sites, proxy sites and so on. In some cases, they are smart and use searches in different languages. My suggestion is to allow parents/guardians to include specific keywords to allow or restrict search query options, similar to the options given to add or restrict specific websites. 
  2. Secondly, it would be good to include the option to allow a parent to create an additional parent/guardian profile to help monitor a child's profile. (similar to “Google Family Link”.) This means parents can help assist each other, and they can also respond to child requests to allow access or increase time limits on request.
  3. I think it would be beneficial for parents to have an in-app chat feature that allows kids to communicate with parents. This comes in handy during any emergency, sharing important information, sending school reminders, sending an SOS, and allowing kids to record and send audio or video with parents in an emergency situation. It would also come in handy for kids to make requests to unblock or request additional time for games or net when the parent is not at home or work etc.
  4. I have noticed there is limited options in viewing and editing settings on android; however,r on my laptop, the options to view and edit are more detailed—for instance, viewing website activity. etc.
  5. There also needs to be the option to limit the internet browsers children can use. I have found that they try to use other browsers like Opera, Firefox etc., to help to trick the app into allowing them access to sites/content. Children also try to download games via browser app stores, using browser VPN extentions and so on.
  6. There also needs to be keylogger options since many kids are googling up queries on “how to bypass parental controls. Many are even going to hacking forums to find solutions to bypass parental controls and apps.

I am sure other parents would also welcome the above suggestions. Please. Upvote this suggestion and/or add on to the above list of improvements that would make the app even more useful.

Regards,

Jay C

1. Child birth year?
  2. Child device, name, OS, version? 
  3. Some website restrictions do not work with KSK, despite the listed category options that are provided to turn on or off.  In some instances they are able to type in or copy paste website addressed directly that takes them to game sites, online streaming sites, proxy sites and so on. In some cases they use searches in different languages. My suggestion is to allow parents/guardians to include keyword search.  
  4. Allow a parent to create an additional parent/guardian profile to help monitor a child’s profile. (similar to “Google Family Link”.) Then parents can help assist each other, they can also respond to child requests to allow access or increase time limits on request.
  5. Parents to have in-app chat feature, that allows kids to communicate with parents. This comes in handy during any emergency, to share important information, to send school reminders, to send and SOS, to silent allow kids to record and send audio or video with parents in an emergency situation. It would also come handy for kids to make requests to unblock or request additional time for games or net. when the parent is not at home or at work etc.
  6. Limited options in viewing and editing settings on android, however on my laptop the options to view and edit are more detailed. For instance, viewing website activity.
  7. Limit the internet browsers children can use. I have found that they try to use other browsers like Opera, Firefox etc to help to trick the app into allowing them access to sites/content.
  8. Keylogger options, since a lot of kids are googling queries on “how to bypass parental controls”, many are going to hacking forums to find solutions to bypass parental controls and apps.

Hello @jayC

Welcome!

Some of the suggestions have been raised before, we’ll detail the information later; other suggestions we’d like to test so we’ll be requesting specific information & some of the suggestions already exist, we’ll be providing the information to enable you to configure KSK to achieve the outcomes:

Please tell us:

1. Child birth year?
  2. Child device, name, OS, version?
  3. KSK version installed on child’s device?
  4. Your device name, OS & version
  5. KSK version installed on your device? 
  6. Is KSK Premium subscription or Free
  7. Regarding “keyword search”, provide examples of www’s the child is copying & pasting directly into browser to access “ game sites, online streaming sites, proxy sites”, please provide as much specific information/examples as possible - we will test. Note, “keyword search” did previously exist in the original Kaspersky Parental Control, they removed it in KSK & replaced it with features they (Kaspersky) control, much to the dismay of many parents.  
  8. Multiple “parent” profiles, this has been raised previously, more than once, Kaspersky are not receptive, we can only assume they believe children only have one parent, as they’ve never given a logical explanation as to why the necessary feature cannot be implemented. 
  9. Re “in app chat”, is it your expectation that the KSK in-app-chat would only allow comms between parent & child? Re “to silent allow kids to record and send audio or video with parents”, please define this more clearly? Re ”Additionally allow kids to make requests to unblock or request additional time for games or net when the parent is not at home or at work etc”, KSK already manages these via Notifications, Push messages & emails to parent.
  10. Browsers - this already exists (see image below),  Application monitoring: APPLICATION CATEGORIES, change Browsers → Forbidden → add an Allowed exclusion for Chrome.
  11. Re “Keylogger options”, define this & for clarification, you want KSK to monitor what your child is “typing” into the browser, is that correct? 
  12. You’ve added many tags, some of which already exist; if you need information, please define the request further? 

Please post back?

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳 +🐋

Also, note the other Forbidden Categories