I had a notification of kaspersky downloading a file from one drive

I downloaded this app right, started scanning and while I was playing I had a notification that a file is being downloaded from my one drive. Why does it do that? And why would they wanna see my meme folder? Edit: I did block it and it did say that it was from the virus removal tool. But it was probably too late since I stopped it right when the bar was full.

Hello Warsdhgjmfdgs, Welcome!
  1. Was the notification from Kaspersky software?
  2. Can you post a screen image of the notification?
And, please tell us:
  1. Operating system, version, build?
  2. Kaspersky software installed, name, free or licenced, version, patch(x) ? x = letter
  3. Please upload the Virus Removal Tool report by selecting the upload icon below?
Thank you. https://support.kaspersky.com/8527

No, the notification was from windows I don't have a screenshot of the notification since the file downloaded fast so I had to stop it and immediately blocked it from doing it again. OS is Windows 10, v1809 build 17763.503 I downloaded the Kaspersky Virus Removal Tool, the free one, version 15.0.22.0, can't find the patch I don't know how to upload it. I cancelled the scan right after I cancelled the downloading of the file so I'm not sure how to upload it. It did say there were no threats when I cancelled it so it was no big deal

Hello Warsdhgjmfdgs, Thank for posting back and providing information.
  1. The upload icon is between the link icon & the smilie icon, (in the window) when you post back - highlighted green in my image.
  1. If the scan was cancelled and if there's nothing to report, we don't need the report.
  2. If the notification was not from Kaspersky software and especially as we can't see the notifcation, it's really difficult answering the questions you've raised.
  3. Re: ". I cancelled the scan" : did the scan actually complete?
Please let us know how we can help? Thanks.

Hello Warsdhgjmfdgs, I've (re-tested), KVRT.
  1. After dowloading KVRT.exe, it does not install, nor does it download anything.
  2. The function is to run, scan, quarantine (if necessary) & report.
  3. Furthermore, if detections are found, the available options are: restore, delete.
  4. KVRT - does not manage any realtime functions, nor does it download or perform any updating of detected software.
  5. (imo) - the notification that occured "while I was playing I had a notification a file is being downloaded from 1Drive)" is unrelated to Kaspersky software.
  6. As you've advised the notification was from Windows, the (Windows) event logs may have the information.
Best regards.