HW Virtualization not enabled [Closed]

Go to solution Solved by nexon,

Have you tried install this product on another pc which supports HW virtualization? Otherwise you can contact tech support on my.kaspersky.com and there you create support ticket.
Kaspersky software from the "free" range has no access to TechSupport. RejZoR,
  1. What happens when you unselect [ ] use hardware virtualization ?
  2. May we have a GSI & Windows logs please?
  3. Potentially, there is a fix for this, to get to that point we need to review data.
Please post back? Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...
Same issue here. I use KIS 20.0.14.1085(c) with Windows 10 Pro x64 build 1903 My processor: AMD Ryzen 7 2700 with Asus motherboard B450-M with SVM mode on in BIOS. Every virtualization software works except Kaspersky. I also tryed disable Windows Sandbox and Hyper-V without sucess.

KIS 20.0.14.1085(c) , Windows 10 Pro, x64,1903, AMD (Bios) SVM enabled Tried to disable Windows Sandbox and Hyper-V without success. Every virtualization software works except Kaspersky.
Hello Frmg, Welcome! Please tell us:
  1. KIS free or licensed? See note at the end of my reply.
  2. Can you explain more please: "Every virtualization software works except Kaspersky"?
  3. May we have a screen print of the issue please?
  4. Is Windows DeviceGuard enabled?
  5. Please confirm Windows Sandbox is disabled/off ?
Please let us know? Thanks:pray_tone3:. Note: Kaspersky free software has limitations, advertising & no Technical Support. It helps if we know this information, we can ensure we never waste you time, advising you, for example: "contact Technical Support".

FLOOD
  1. KIS free or licensed? See note at the end of my reply.
Licensed 2 Can you explain more please: "Every virtualization software works except Kaspersky"? Works well with VMWare and other similar softwares. 3 May we have a screen print of the issue please? 4 Is Windows DeviceGuard enabled? Disabled, i supose... 5 Please confirm Windows Sandbox is disabled/off ? Disabled

(1)KIS Licensed, 4) Windows DeviceGuard, Disabled, i supose... (5) WinSandbox: Disabled
Hello @Frmg Thank you for replying and the information.
  1. Re: "Every virtualization software works except Kaspersky". "Works well with VMWare and other similar softwares"
  2. What works well?
----- (1), Have you selected / disabled:
  1. Virtual Machine Platform
  2. Windows Hypervisor Platform
(2) Rebooted / shutdown computer using FULL shutdown method (3) Restarted computer (4) With ONLY Kaspersky app active - reviewed? ---- Do you have any policies applied? (note, I cannot translate every screen image, from every language) ---- Please collect a GSI & Windows logs, upload to cloud storage, post or pm the link please? Thank you GSI & Windows logs - help reference

FLOOD (1). What works well? VMWare Workstation and VirtualBox. ----- (2), Have you selected / disabled:
  1. Virtual Machine Platform
  2. Windows Hypervisor Platform
Yes and i tried several other combinations to isolate the situation. (3) Rebooted / shutdown computer using FULL shutdown method Of course yes, Before changing bios options. (4) Restarted computer Many times. (5) With ONLY Kaspersky app active - reviewed? Yes. (6) Do you have any policies applied? (note, I cannot translate every screen image, from every language) No aditional policies applied. I will try to install English language pack in my Windows and English version of KIS to help you help us. Please collect a GSI & Windows logs, upload to cloud storage, post or pm the link please Roger that! Coming soon.

I changed from KIS to KSOS.
Hello Frmg, As well as my above post. I see you've raised a duplicate topic: https://community.kaspersky.com/b2c-forum-brasileiro-68/a-virtualizacao-de-hardware-nao-esta-disponivel-ksos-20-0-14-1085-c-3238, in Non-English B2C Support, B2C Fórum Brasileiro. As you advise: "same issue using KSOS in many PCs in our office", the best course of action is:
  1. Contact Support for small business products, choose LOCATION, select General use of the product, select from options:
  1. Phone (not available all locations)
  2. Online Chat (not available all locations)
  3. Kaspersky Small Office Security Management Console web portal, log in & submit a request.
Thank you.

• 2 weeks later...
Here I solved the problem. Apparently there is a issue with the Microsoft Windows Defender Device Guard. So... i disabled the hypervisor: At the prompt with administrator privileges run: bcdedit /set hypervisorlaunchtype off Restart PC. Kaspersky Hardware Virtualization, VMWare, and other non-MS VM features worked well after this. Note: Windows Sandbox and Hyper-V will not run after this patch. If you need reenable the hypervisor run: bcdedit /set hypervisorlaunchtype auto

• 6 months later...