How to switch off spam by KIS

I have been asked twice today to fill a survey about my satisfaction with KIS, the product was also badgering me about the additional services etc.  in the past (but this can be switched off). Annoying AF!

How can I switch off this survey asking spam? I thought this product would protect me from that kind of rubbish. I have bought 10 licences for this year and last year as well, this kind of annoying stuff is really making me think of changing to a different solution for next year.

Hello @Drevo198

Welcome!

Your topic is very similar to one raised recently in the Russian forum, in it @Danila T. stated 

“ There are certain conditions for the poll to appear.”

unquote

&

Poll, it's not advertising

unquote

The implication being (if we understand correctly), in the KIS application, there’s no option to decline Surveys, similar to declining: News notifications, Promotional materials, special offers, Informational messages and advertisements.

(ioo), if you’ve never accepted Consents, in your MyKaspersky account, you should not be being spammed by Kaspersky Surveys

• (ioo), if Kaspersky subscribers are receiving Surveys, despite the fact they’ve never consented to this, Kaspersky needs to offer a specific Surveys  Decline option, in the application🤔

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳 +🐋

*Poll being equivalent to Survey*

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry, but these come unexpected and unplanned (at least for me, probably not for Kaspersky). Today’s annoyance is here:

Why everybody wants me to waste my time on them? I bought the licences, now I don’t want to hear about it anymore. It should be there in my computers doing it’s job and not bother me.

If I will decide to join Kaspersky network or have VPN or whatever product Kaspersky is peddling, I will install it and pay for it by myself.

Counting te see when they will start to send me adds for pills…

Really, this is a big issue for me and it goes against the credibility of and trustworthiness of Kaspersky.

Hello @Drevo198, '

Thank you for the image, and the additional information👌

Trust us, we absolutely understand how these items are driving you nuts, we are trying really hard to sort this out, we just spent 3 hours, engaged with Kaspersky Support in our endeavours to do so, quite frankly, next time, we’ll opt for eating ground glass.

Here’s the drill, from the image it looks a Kaspersky News item (yes agreed, looks like spam to you & us, not that Kaspersky would say so)… 

We need to ask: 

1. Are you in any of the GDPR [Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, the Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, and Sweden}, & or CCNP (California) regions? Why? Because, they have different rules than the rest of the globe & manage (your) complaint differently, based on your location; in these regions, (according to the Support Supervisor), News (image 1) can be disabled. 
  2. When KIS was installed, did you DECLINEStatement Regarding Data Processing For Marketing Purposes
  3. Is KSN enabled → image 2
  4. Confirm all News & Promotional Notifications are unchecked →  image 3

And please also post an image of the Survey, as that is different to a News item, let’s try & get everything fixed if at all possible? 

Please post back? 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳 +🐋

• 2 weeks later...

Hello @Drevo198

Thank you for the image, please note, the previous advice, that is a Kaspersky NEWS item, our earlier advice is relevant. 

The “Survey” spam is coming via a NEWS item. 

The Kaspersky GUIs are region relevant, do you have an option to decline NEWS? 

1. Please tell us your location/Country - are you in a GDPR or US → California location? 

Some locations have this type of spam controlled by strict Privacy policies, outside of those locations Kaspersky says: 

qte:

In the GDPR regions & California, there are two different agreements: EULA needs to be accepted & marketing data agreement is optional.

There is no marketing agreement in non-GDPR regions, agreements are different and made in accordance with local laws.

Data provision for non-GDPR regions is described here: https://support.kaspersky.com/KTS/21.2/en-US/144976.htm, the relevant clause is as follows: 

"for the purposes of improving the quality of real-time protection and generating the most suitable informational and advertising offers, improving the performance of the software and the speed of identification and rectification of errors associated with the mechanism for installation, removal and update of the software, and accounting for the number of users."

unqte

• EULA has to be accepted irrespective, otherwise the software does not install. 
  • Not having a choice to decline marketing is being forced to accept Kaspersky spam. 
  • KSK has an option to decline Marketing.
  • KPM has an option to decline Marketing.
  • Kaspersky's home AV range does not have an option to decline Marketing.
  • All released in the same region, all governed by the same "local" laws.

• Why the inconsistency Kaspersky? 

We appreciate this is an issue for you, however, if you only complain & do not help us by answering the questions we ask, we’re struggling to help you. 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳 +🐋

I’m from GDPR. Today when working on some email I got distracted by another moronic VPN network offer by Kaspersky. This makes me want to throw up!

Look, thanks for your effort, I’ve had it with Kaspersky. After many years I’m walking away. I will buy licenses for an alternative AV TODAY, throwing my 10 KIS licences in the garbage where they belong. I’m not waging guerilla warfare with MY software I have paid for.

I’m from GDPR.

Hello @Drevo198

Great! You get the option to DECLINE Marketing. You’re lucky. The region we're in, we don't get a choice; we're forced to accept Kaspersky's spam.

So, the question is, when you installed KIS, did you DECLINE Marketing → image 4

If "no", save your  guerilla warfare weapons, do a clean install & DECLINE Marketing, you may also wish to DECLINE KSN, again, it’s optional. 

EULA - mandatory

KSN - optional

Marketing - optional

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳 +🐋