How to stop Kaspersky on a specific user account?

Manula

I have a pc with 4 GB RAM. In order to do work from home my company has instructed me to install Kaspersky. But it makes my pc very slow. I need to setup a user account to do my personal stuff without Kaspersky running background since it makes the pc fast. How can i do that?

58 minutes ago, Manula said:

I have a pc with 4 GB RAM. In order to do work from home my company has instructed me to install Kaspersky. But it makes my pc very slow. I need to setup a user account to do my personal stuff without Kaspersky running background since it makes the pc fast. How can i do that?

Hello @Manula

Welcome!

• You can't, installing KIS, is to the main system drive, it affects all Windows user accounts configured on the PC. 
  1. Is the 4GB RAM PC, that your employers are asking you to install/use Kaspersky on, a work PC
  2. IF you've already installed KIS & you're finding the performance is degraded, is it internet speed - check this guide: Internet connection speed decreases after the installation of a Kaspersky application; or is it applications - one application, or all applications -> please post back, with details, including:
  3. Version & build of the operating system?
  4. KIS version & patch(x), on the Windows taskbar or hidden icons, rightclick the Kaspersky icon, select About or How to find the name and the version number of a Kaspersky application
  5. IF you've configured any scans, make sure you check Scan Optimization, Scan only new & changed files, this will make scans faster.
  6. You need to work out which aspects of KIS are causing the PC to run slow - go thru all of the options - is it Database updates, KSN, Advanced Disinfection technology, make a note of the ones you think might be a problem? 

Thank you?
Flood?+?

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife
Added questions / information

25 minutes ago, Manula said:

It's not the internet speed I'm worrying about. Even offline tasks are affected by it. Most of the RAM usage is taken by KIS.

Hello @Manula

You're most welcome!

Thank you for posting back & the information!

Please tell us: 

1. Is the 4GB RAM PC, that your employers are asking you to install/use Kaspersky on, a work PC
  2. Version & build of the operating system?
  3. KIS version & patch(x), on the Windows taskbar or hidden icons, rightclick the Kaspersky icon, select About or How to find the name and the version number of a Kaspersky application

Check: 

1. IF you've configured any scans, make sure you check Scan Optimization, Scan only new & changed files, is enabled, this will make scans faster.
  2. You need to work out which aspects of KIS are causing the PC to run slow - go thru all of the options - is it Database updates, KSN, Advanced Disinfection technology or something else, make a note of the ones you think might be a problem & post back the specific details, OR please log a case with Kaspersky support, on the support page select either Chat or Email, then select Application malfunctionOther template; please include a detailed history; Support may request traces & other data, they will guide you.

Please share the outcome with the Community, when it's available? 

Thank you?
Flood?+?

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife