How to stop Kaspersky from blocking the program

My Kaspersky programme has started to block my screen recorder programme.

Every time I use it, it blocks it after 15 seconds. Techsmith, the programme providers, have said that Kaspersky is hitting the .trec recording file while it is being created.

How do I go into the programme to manage apps and stop this? I cannot locate that part on the programme.

Thanks.

Welcome to Kaspersky Community.

Please tell us the exact version of Kaspersky product using.

Go to Security -> Intrusion Prevention -> Manage Applications, and check if that app is placed in some restricted group, if so, just move manually (dragging  with mouse) to Trusted group.

23 hours ago, harlan4096 said:

Hum if You are using Free version, this one does not have Intrusion Prevention (Application Control) nor FireWall modules...

Can You provide a screenshot of the Kaspersky warning when blocking? Check also in Reports.

Hi Harlan.

The Kaspersky reports section shows no apparent issues - see snapshot attached. Am I looking in the wrong place? Please advise, thanks. 

Please see attached message I'm now getting on computer start up which has been sent to customer services a couple of times now. This is the only warning message I get. When the Techsmith Camtasia screen recorder crashes, nothing appears from Kaspersky. The team at Techsmith state that Kaspersky is blocking the programme (.TREC) after 15 seconds. The main production software is fine and does not get blocked.

Thanks for your continued help on this matter.

230704.Kaspersky.PNG

230706.Reports.PNG

1 minute ago, RichardChilds said:

Hi Harlan.

The Kaspersky reports section shows no apparent issues - see snapshot attached. Am I looking in the wrong place? Please advise, thanks. 

Please see attached message I'm now getting on computer start up which has been sent to customer services a couple of times now. This is the only warning message I get. When the Techsmith Camtasia screen recorder crashes, nothing appears from Kaspersky. The team at Techsmith state that Kaspersky is blocking the programme (.TREC) after 15 seconds. The main production software is fine and does not get blocked.

Thanks for your continued help on this matter.

230704.Kaspersky.PNG

230706.Reports.PNG

Does the Plus Plan have Intrusion prevention and will it solve the problem?

Wait! that pic You posted is not a blocking but a Kaspersky program crash (previous application launch failed), so it seems Your system is not so healthy, be sure You have installed all the system updates via Windows Update, check also Optional.

Also, check the health of Your system hard disk: run a ScanDisk.

Do You have any additional security software installed in the systen?

19 hours ago, harlan4096 said:

Wait! that pic You posted is not a blocking but a Kaspersky program crash (previous application launch failed), so it seems Your system is not so healthy, be sure You have installed all the system updates via Windows Update, check also Optional.

Also, check the health of Your system hard disk: run a ScanDisk.

Do You have any additional security software installed in the systen?

I ran a scandisk last week and again today and all are fine. I downloaded some updates but the issue still persists on start up. No other antivirus/firewall software exists.

When You get this warning:

image.thumb.png.fac2055e37534a990008a992db845fd4.png

Do you click on [Send]? Because this may help to fix the issue, the reports of the crash will be sent to K. Labs to be analyzed and find a fix via updates.

Meanwhile, I'm not sure why K. crashes when You open Techsmith app, anyway I would try this: uninstall Kaspersky Free, download the installer again an dreinstall.

On 7/10/2023 at 12:58 PM, harlan4096 said:

When You get this warning:

image.thumb.png.fac2055e37534a990008a992db845fd4.png

Do you click on [Send]? Because this may help to fix the issue, the reports of the crash will be sent to K. Labs to be analyzed and find a fix via updates.

Meanwhile, I'm not sure why K. crashes when You open Techsmith app, anyway I would try this: uninstall Kaspersky Free, download the installer again an dreinstall.

Yes, I send this every time - does it automatically update if the bug is fixed?

Funnily enough, it's not happened for a couple of days.

• Like 1