How to protect browser's (Brave) cookies/sessions from being stolen/hijacked?

Hello! Ok so I have the Standard version and I was wondering if there is a way to somehow protect my cookies and sessions from being stolen?

We all saw those Youtube hacks where attackers can grab all sessions from a PC and then log in to any account bypassing passwords and 2-FA keys.

I am very careful with what I open, click, download, etc. but we are all humans and it can happen to anybody (attackers are smarter each day).

So, I was thinking to utilize the "Intrusion Prevention" component by adding Brave's folder inside "Resources" and then to block access to it for everything but Brave itself. Is something like that possible?

I crafted a little rule but I am not even sure where Brave stores sessions and cookies so I think this will not work. (inside the right panel green checkmarks are for brave.exe)

Will this work? If not, please help me set up this protection.

Thanks ?

While it's always a good idea to take steps to protect your online accounts and sensitive information, there may not be a foolproof way to completely prevent cookie and session theft. However, there are some steps you can take to minimize the risk.

Firstly, it's important to keep your browser and operating system up-to-date with the latest security patches. This helps to protect against known vulnerabilities that could be exploited by attackers.

Another important step is to use strong, unique passwords for each of your accounts and to enable two-factor authentication wherever possible. This makes it much more difficult for attackers to gain access to your accounts, even if they do manage to steal your cookies or sessions.

As for the specific question about using Brave's "Intrusion Prevention" component to protect your cookies and sessions, it's difficult to say without more information about how exactly the component works and where Brave stores its sessions and cookies. However, it's worth noting that there is always a trade-off between security and convenience, and blocking access to certain folders could potentially cause issues with Brave's functionality.

• 2 weeks later...

I already took all other measures against attacks, but I always want to add one more layer of protection.

It doesn't bother me if I lose a bit of convenience to gain security.

Restricting access to session/cookies folders/database is a good idea IMO.

I would really be thankful if someone knows how to set up this.

Hello

This does not seem to be a good way to prevent or steal cookies, on the one hand, the browser storage of information, on the other hand, the user's problem.

Pay attention to attachments coming from emails, especially marketing campaigns. To find out whether the file extension of the email is exe, if you need to try the software, be sure to run the software in the virtual machine environment when possible.

If a criminal wants to steal the information, he must first make you run a malicious program, usually such files will make you run actively, so email attachments should be done carefully.

Another is to let the browser actively clear the cookies and session information every time when you close the browser, but this will make it inconvenient for you to log in to certain websites, and you have to enter your account and password every time, and you need to choose between security and convenience.

Regards.

• 9 months later...