How to disable timeline.

How can I disable the timeline on the homepage of Kaspersky premium? firstly is bothers my OCD. secondly it leaks what websites are blocked to anyone using the computer unless you manually delete the logs, and thirdly its just annoying and I don't want it.

4 minutes ago, Indingo said:

How can I disable the timeline on the homepage of Kaspersky premium?

Hello @Indingo

Welcome!

Unfortunately there's no option available to disable the Timeline.

It's a good idea tho, maybe the developers will crack onto it one day - hopefully. 

We've submitted it as a complaint - on (your) behalf - we'd love to say we'll give feedback when & IF it's ever implemented - but - Kaspersky have (ioo) the dumbest change-control-processes on the planet - they send the requested feedback to the developers & close the incident - telling the requestor "to keep an eye out - to see if the change is implemented" & IF (you) want or need follow-up information about the same request (you) must raise a *new* incident, which Kaspersky process, close & at the same time send (you) an email stating - "we see you've raised a duplicate incident, but don't worry, we'll close X & add it to Y, blah, blah, blah..." Their back-of-house staff are very proficient playing that little incident-management ring-a-ring-a-rosy. 

We can tell you not all change requests are successful & even successful ones may take a long time to be implemented. 

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

Also, I don't think why this feature bothers you so much, being in main GUI, You will not see it, unless You manually scroll down, also it only shows at first sight only 3 lines, clicking over any of them, You will access to classical more detailed Reports window.

I have clinical grade OCD, like actually a problem that I can't help and have had it since I was a child, the fact that there is a timeline I cannot hide or get rid of which has random stuff I don't care about in it, rather than a clean GUI makes me think about the program while I am using the computer and compulsively check the timeline, which is disruptive. It may not make sense to you but I am compelled to do it, which is bothersome enough that I would consider using a different product even though I want to use Kaspersky, also the privacy element, as anything blocked such as websites sit in the timeline with no way to disable it, so anyone can see what websites are blocked, not really an issue but still again my compulsion does not like this.

• Thanks 1

Its still there though, so it bothers me even with a changed window size. I am compelled to look at it and can't stop myself because its there, that's why I want to disable it lol. I literally can't stop even if I wanted to.

https://www.treatmyocd.com/blog/checking-ocd-symptoms-and-treatment )

example.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, harlan4096 said:

This is because Your main GUI size was changed to a bigger size, with default size:

Hi @harlan4096

We use the Maximise feature all the time & in all of our Kaspersky screen-images - it's one of the working features that is useful. 

But, back to main topic, we see @Indingo's concern as very valid & have submitted the Feedback, I have a complaint request. 

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife
pn
  • Like 2