How to disable approval requests for the update of trusted applications e.g. Facebook, WhatsApp, Telegram, etc.

How to disable approval requests for the update of applications such as Facebook, WhatsApp, Telegram, etc?

I get asked for at least 3 approvals with every app update even though I specify "Don't ask again for this application"? With every update it's started getting on my nerves. Tried adding the said apps to Trusted Applications but  with every app update is the same story. Trust Application, Don't ask for the next XX minutes etc. This is quite annoying.

5 hours ago, rococoxxx said:

How to disable approval requests for the update of applications such as Facebook, WhatsApp, Telegram, etc?

I get asked for at least 3 approvals with every app update even though I specify "Don't ask again for this application"? With every update it's started getting on my nerves. Tried adding the said apps to Trusted Applications but  with every app update is the same story. Trust Application, Don't ask for the next XX minutes etc. This is quite annoying.

Hello @rococoxxx

Welcome!

1. Are the apps (Facebook, WhatsApp, Telegram, etc.) you *don't* want updated *actually* in the Software Updater exclusion list? ReadSoftware Updater, Exclusions
  2. Adding those apps  (Facebook, WhatsApp, Telegram, etc.) to Application Control - will make no difference if they're *already* Trusted & adding them to Application Control will not circumvent the Software Updater, unless it's been configured to ignore them. Application Control & Software Updater are different. 
  3. IF Software Updater is not working correctly & the apps *are* in the Exclusions list - you could try restoring Kaspersky Total Security to default settings, read: How to restore settings, then shutdown the computer using SHUTDOWN, not Restart, power ON by pressing the power button, login & recheck the issue ORKaspersky Total Security - is Kaspersky's old version, it would be good to check the issue with Kaspersky's new release: Kaspersky Plus, the upgrade is free & is *like for like*, Kaspersky Plus can be downloaded from: https://www.kaspersky.com/downloads#update-product. Read: Kaspersky: Basic, Standard, Plus, Premium - info & FAQ, by Danila T.

Please share the outcome with the Community, when it's available? 
Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Hi,

I want all of these apps up to date. I just do not need to be asked by Total Security to give 3 or 4 approvals every time an app gets updated. With every update I confirm that I trust these applications and do not want / need to be asked again but that does not work. Every new update the approval requests pop up again.

Total security is latest version. All apps are in Trusted Zone.

2222222.png

Edited by rococoxxx
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, rococoxxx said:
  • I want all of these apps up to date. I just do not need to be asked by Total Security to give 3 or 4 approvals every time an app gets updated.
  • With every update I confirm that I trust these applications and do not want / need to be asked again but that does not work.
  • Every new update the approval requests pop up again.
  • All apps are in Trusted Zone.
  • Total security is latest version.

Hello @rococoxxx,

Thank you for posting back & the information!

• Manage Applications & Software updater are *different*. 
  • Check in the Software updater - Exclusions list - are the apps in there? 
  • As we said above, *Restore* Kaspersky Total Security settings to Default then shutdown the computer using Shutdown, not Restart, power on by pressing the power-button, login, recheck the issue? 
  • Kaspersky Total Security is Kaspersky's *old version 21.3*, it's been replaced by Kaspersky Plus - version 21.8
  • *IF restoring Kaspersky Total Security to it's original settings does not resolve the issue - we recommend uninstalling  Kaspersky Total Security, save License information *only*, reboot the computer, login, download & install Kaspersky Plus*

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

• Like 1

This behavior it is probably because in every update, there are not signed files involved, so probably are placed in restriction groups...

As an example:

image.thumb.png.a06bbe119557c586b66b6051aa863a1b.png

Select the main app that will be updated, or its updater, and in Intrusion Prevention (Application Control -> Manage applications), enabled those 3 settings, save changes. I guess You are in Interactive Mode, that's why the prompts warnings in every update 🤔

• Like 3

In addition to what has already been mentioned by @harlan4096 to you, an additional tip, in case you do not want to stop monitoring the activity of the main application, is:

• Delay the update of some applications that may cause this type of problem for a few hours or at least 1 day.

Why?

This is because the blocking of these "files" from the application can occur not only due to the absence of a digital signature but also due to the lack of information about the file from KSN, since these files are relatively new.

The idea of delaying for a few hours or even 1 day is to ensure that KSN obtains relevant information about the "new files" through the community and thus classifies them in the trusted group.

This way, you will not stop monitoring the applications and will still be able to update the application without issues.

Edited by Guilhermesene4096
  • Like 3