How to check/change US state for my installation?

k410

I might have clicked the wrong state (in the USA) during installation (required for legal purposes, per the installer).

Where would I look to see whether I selected the correct state, and change it if needed?

Thanks for your help!

Kevin

I might have clicked the wrong state (in the USA) during installation (required for legal purposes, per the installer).

Where would I look to see whether I selected the correct state, and change it if needed?

Hello @k410, Kevin,

Welcome!

1. Open the KAV application, in the left hand lower corner, next to the gear⚙ icon, select the head icon = Support → on the Support page, under the License Key, Activation code, Op sys, Database release date & application version is an information section, advising regional details.
  2. Open the KAV application, in the bottom right hand corner, select License, select Show details, select End User License Agreement → very dry reading, but, fully covers all requirements.
  3. Also, Kaspersky’s online help reference: About using the application in the European Union, the United Kingdom, Brazil, or by California residents.
  4. IF you’ve installed for the wrong region you’ll need to uninstall, saving License key only, power the machine OFF, power ON, download & do a clean install, selecting the correct region. 

If you need further help, please do not hesitate to post back? 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳+🐋

Thank you for taking the time to reply. I think reinstallation (after making note of the license key) will be the way forward.

[In my case I wasn’t sure whether I had clicked Florida or Georgia, but maybe the only significant difference for the USA is between California and not-California.]

Thank you for taking the time to reply. I think reinstallation (after making note of the license key) will be the way forward.

[In my case I wasn’t sure whether I had clicked Florida or Georgia, but maybe the only significant difference for the USA is between California and not-California.]

Hello @k410, Kevin, 

You’re most welcome!

1. Yes, you’re correct, California is separate, it’s California & not California, no other states are mentioned by name. 
  2. When you uninstall, there will be 6 check boxes, make sure all are blank, except for Save License key

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳+🐋