How to Check the Network Drive from the Kaspersky Security 10 for Windows Server.

Hi ~ We use Windows Server with Kaspersky Security 10 (KSWS 10.1.1.746) on Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2 64-bit We can not scan network drives (folders). We checked the network drive by IP and path, but the results were the same. Please tell us how to check the network drive in the Kaspersky Security 10 for Windows Server.

Hello, The KSWS traces would tell the whole story, but I think the reason is that by default ODS tasks are started under the Local System account, that doesn't have access to network paths. There are several ways to work this around.
  1. The most obvious one would be to configure the task to be started under an account that has access to this network share - I'd recommend using a separate ODS task for this, and leave Critical Areas Scan under Local System.
  2. Another option would be using the "kavshell scan" command to scan the drive from the command line. This way the scanning would be done under the account that calls "kavshell scan"
By the way, you can simplify command-line scanning by using the Windows Explorer context menu. I've attached an archive with two files - if you put scan.cmd to the C:\Temp folder and put the contents of shell_scan.reg into Windows Registry, then you'll have the "Scan with Kaspersky Security" option when right-clicking on the files, folders and drives in Windows Explorer. Then you could locate your network folder and scan it that way (it would be scanned from the account of the user that started the Explorer).