How do I add devices?

Go to solution Solved by Flood and Flood's wife,

I purchased Kaspersky Premium for 3 licenses and I successfully added my laptop. However, I am puzzled how to add another device as it is asking me to download again on my laptop. 

Do I have to install Kaspersky Premium in every device to activate the license? 

How does the app keep track of the devices which has been activated? Is it by device name?

• Solution
1 hour ago, Newbie said:

I purchased Kaspersky Premium for 3 licenses and I successfully added my laptop. However, I am puzzled how to add another device as it is asking me to download again on my laptop. 

1. Do I have to install Kaspersky Premium in every device to activate the license? 
  2. How does the app keep track of the devices which has been activated?
  3. Is it by device name?

Hello @Newbie

Welcome!

• Premium *software* has to be installed on each device. 
  • The activation *only* takes place *once* that's on the first device. 
  • As the software is installed on the second & third devices (you) need to log into (your) MyKaspersky account - from the installed Kaspersky Premium *application*, using the same email address (you) use for the first device -> so Kaspersky Premium & the activation code / license - stored in (your) MyKaspersky account can *synchronise*. 
  • Once Kaspersky Premium is installed & active, on *each* device - (your) email address & Subscription is active - should be seen is the main GUI - see image
    Spoiler

image.thumb.png.034110226f485c9ba0973ad6eebea8a4.pngd

• Kaspersky Premium takes the Windows *System name* as shown in the (Windows) System information app & reflects it here: https://my.kaspersky.com/MyDevices#/portal/pages/devices
  • In MyKaspersky -> the device name can be *manually* changed, however, (from memory) manually changing the *actual* Windows device name is not reflected in the MyKaspersky account, read: How to change a device name. So, in real-life - in Windows, if the computer was originally called Device1 & (you) changed it to Newbie-Device1, you'd have to manually change the device name, in https://my.kaspersky.com/MyDevices#/portal/pages/devices - for both the physical device & (your) MyKaspersky account to reflect the new name. 
  • The Unlimited Premium VPN is for *one* email address *only*, IF (you) were to share the Kaspersky Premium subscription with another person, i.e., family or friend - to get unlimited VPN - as per the Premium subscription - they *must* use the *already-in-use-email-address*, IF the subscriber is using his / her email address then, he/she shares that OR the other user signs into the VPN with their own email address & then they're using Kaspersky Free/Standard/Limited VPN

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

MyKaspersky, Protecting devices.

How to manage your subscription using your My Kaspersky account.

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife
added image

50 minutes ago, Newbie said:

How do I know whether I bought the Limited VPN or Unlimited Premium VPN?

Hello @Newbie

You're most welcome!

image.thumb.png.4f3149ca562d02ebc33e24b0ee24439d.png

image.thumb.png.250366f59ee00b6ea85cc39929cac6e8.png

Any questions or issues, please don't hesitate to post back? 

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife
added images