How active time is calculated?

isogulaleb
Go to solution Solved by Flood and Flood's wife,

Hello,

Does anybody know how KSK calculates the time my kid spends with the computer / on the internet? Is is able to make a difference between using the computer (e.g. using Word to prepare a lesson) and using Discord, Facebook or simply a browser? Does it count simply the screen time (usage of the device) or is it more sophisticated?

I receive summaries from time to time, mentioning average times but how is this calculated in the light of the aboves?

Thanks a million for taking the time to answer if you have it :)

Cheers

iso

Hello @isogulaleb

Welcome!

KSK reports Device Use time & Application use time.

If Discord is accessed via app, the time used will be recorded. 

If Facebook is accessed via app, the time used will be recorded. 

The Web activity monitoring feature shows the time a browser is used, activities within the browser are not time reported. 

In MyKaspersky, KIDS tab, select Summary, select the time period: TODAY7 DAYS30 DAYS, select Applications → detailed view, the report shows the time (your child) used each application

Compare free and premium versions of the application → image 1 shows features available depending on Free or Premium 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳+🐋

Resource:

KSK library

Hello Flood,

Thanks for your reply. So, this means that the limit I set is device use time, meaning that I cannot make the use of certain applications and websites limitless? :/ During my trial I realized that the exceptions you can set up for a PC do count against time limit, they are only excluded for Android phones. This would be a legit request I think, now as online education is so common because of the pandemic…

Anyway, it is what it is, thanks for your time!

Cheers

iso

• Solution
  1. This means that the limit I set is device use time, meaning that I cannot make the use of certain applications and websites limitless? :/
  2. During my trial I realized that the exceptions you can set up for a PC do count against time limit, they are only excluded for Android phones.
  3. This would be a legit request I think, now as online education is so common because of the pandemic…

Hello @isogulaleb 

You’re most welcome☺ !

On Windows, “the limit I set is device use time”, correct. 

On Windows, “I cannot make the use of certain applications and websites limitless”, correct. 

Android KSK has Application monitoringAvailable on blocked device, Windows KSK does not. 

Both KSK Android & KSK Windows - it’s possible to Specify how many hours a day the child can use this application, but not when, i.e. it’s not possible to configure a KSK Application time use schedule

Both issues are “legit requests”; both issues have been formally logged, by more than one parent, months & months ago, it’s not only online education, many parents are now working from home, businesses have recognised the home workplace, that will not change, pandemic or not; (ioo) Kaspersky needs to get cracking

Ordinarily we’d suggest submitting a Feedback, I have a suggestion or Feedback, I have a complaint request, however, it’s been done (by more than one parent) & we’re beginning to wonder why parents should waste their precious time when Kaspersky appears not to prioritize much needed changes to KSK & make the software actually work properly & meet the needs of parents & children who live in the 21st century. 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳+🐋