Help with Kaspersky Standrard Firewall

Go to solution Solved by harlan4096,

Hi, I have Kaspersky Standard and have questions regarding the firewall. Right now, it accepts programs that are installed without asking me, for example, Steam, Battlenet and other programs. What I want is that when installing programs that require access, it will ask me and I will have to accept yes or no and that after that it will remember the choice and not have to ask me again. Anyone who can guide me?

• Solution

Welcome to Kaspersky Community.

You have to enable Interactive Mode, disabling this option:

image.png.e1261f8aa2081d639be275c9a35213fb.png

By default, Kaspersky allows traffic to all the apps that are considered Trusted.

If You enable Interactive Mode, be careful that probably will get a big bunch of warnings notifications, anyway You may set the rights accesses via Intrusion Prevention -> Manage Applications, or in FireWall settings -> Application Rules.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, harlan4096 said:

Welcome to Kaspersky Community.

You have to enable Interactive Mode, disabling this option:

image.png.e1261f8aa2081d639be275c9a35213fb.png

By default, Kaspersky allows traffic to all the apps that are considered Trusted.

If You enable Interactive Mode, be careful that probably will get a big bunch of warnings notifications, anyway You may set the rights accesses via Intrusion Prevention -> Manage Applications, or in FireWall settings -> Application Rules.

Thanks. Should I trust those who are trusted and just leave everything as it is, or do you recommend changing settings.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, harlan4096 said:

I would let as Trust those that already were put in Trusted by Kaspersky, anyway You can change as You want.

Ok. So if I understand the picture above correctly, those who are now trusted will continue to be so but that other programs in the future will ask without accepting automatically as before?

• Like 1

You will be "asked" if:

- You manually set it.

- The app was moved to some Restricted groups -> Low Restricted / High Restricted, see NetWork column:

image.thumb.png.3abdba27c4f60080404a532adefcd533.png

In that picture, Trusted group does not appear in green, because I changed manually some of the defaults rights for Trusted apps:

image.thumb.png.8c40006951c36dd2c0f0f80f76a69f8d.png

I enabled "Ask user" for some rights -> see orange colour ones.

• Like 2