Help removing and Adware [stop the paid licenced software to show ads]

ropeetz
Go to solution Solved by ropeetz,

Hi, recently i think i got infected by an adware, because of the typical behavior of a random popup window being displayed in my desktop with an ad to a product. let me show a screen shot so it may help you guys identify the malware that is the source of this pop up. Cause you know, usually each category of MALWARE behave different, and one specific behavior of adware is showing ads directed to the user and data collection aswell. Above is the popup that i mention that the ADWARE(i assume that because of the typical behavior of showing pop up windows on my desktop without my consent)

Welcome. No, that is not malware/adware. That is a notification from Kaspersky for a Kaspersky Secure Connection. :)
So wait, is my Kaspersky Anti Virus behaving like an adware by showing unsolicited popup ads? The only way to stop this is removing the Win32.KasperskyAntiVirus.Adware completely? Cause earlier i have made explicit that i don't wanna any pop-ups on my computer by unchecking all the settings under "notification configuration" screen, and yet this ADWARE keeps poping up?

So wait, is my Kaspersky Anti Virus behaving like an adware by showing unsolicited popup ads?
Hello Ropeetz, Also and in addition to above Post from richbuff :
  1. Is the installed KAV free or licensed?
All FREE Kaspersky software comes with advertising. Kaspersky are very transparent about this "feature". Like all free software, there are limitations - in the case of KAV, no access to configuring settings & no access to Technical Support. Releated specifically to KSC/VPN, that product comes preinstalled, however it can also be purchased as a standalone package. Ditto for KSC/VPN: and: data allowance limited/daily, and no access to choosing virtual locations. Thanks!

So wait, is my Kaspersky Anti Virus behaving like an adware by showing unsolicited popup ads?
Hello Ropeetz, Also and in addition to above Post from richbuff :
  1. Is the installed KAV free or licensed?
All FREE Kaspersky software comes with advertising. Kaspersky are very transparent about this "feature". Like all free software, there are limitations - in the case of KAV, no access to configuring settings & no access to Technical Support. Releated specifically to KSC/VPN, that product comes preinstalled, however it can also be purchased as a standalone package. Ditto for KSC/VPN: and: data allowance limited/daily, and no access to choosing virtual locations. Thanks!
Im using a paid license, to be precise i still have 208 days remaining. I don't wanna KSC, KIS, i bought KAV and thats it, no more no less, im sure that if i allowed in on the configuration it would be alright to display those ads , but i explicit that i don't wanna be bothered by that when i unchecked it in the configuration. I consider this a complete disrespect and a behavior of malware, whichi KAV is supposed to fight against. When my license expire i'm pretty sure that i will uninstall this anti virus who behave like malware.

Hello Ropeetz, Thanks for confirming the Kaspersky product in use. As you have the premium licence, please contact Kaspersky Technical Support, they're sure to help you with everything.https://my.kaspersky.com - select your country & whichever category you think is appropriate for your complaints: General product use Questions about product installation, configuration and troubleshooting errors Virus removal Questions about removing malware, ransomware, and decrypting files Best regards.

• Solution
Hello Ropeetz, Thanks for confirming the Kaspersky product in use. As you have the premium licence, please contact Kaspersky Technical Support, they're sure to help you with everything.https://my.kaspersky.com - select your country & whichever category you think is appropriate for your complaints: General product useQuestions about product installation, configuration and troubleshooting errorsVirus removalQuestions about removing malware, ransomware, and decrypting filesBest regards.
Well now that i accessed the support ticket page i have seen that i had the same problem in the past and the support gave me the tip on how to stop the paid licenced software to show ads all i had to do is regedit and go to the key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\KasperskyLab\AVP19.0.0\environment and change the Ppcsid to 999 And btw just disabling the anti virus wont allow you to change the key, rebooting in safe mode was necessary. Lets see if doing again will solve my problem.

Notification settings
Does not work as i made explicit on a earlier post.
Welcome. No, that is not malware/adware. That is a notification from Kaspersky for a Kaspersky Secure Connection. :)
So wait, is my Kaspersky Anti Virus behaving like an adware by showing unsolicited popup ads? The only way to stop this is removing the Win32.KasperskyAntiVirus.Adware completely?Cause earlier i have made explicit that i don't wanna any pop-ups on my computer by unchecking all the settings under "notification configuration" screen, and yet this ADWARE keeps poping up?

That is a notification from Kaspersky for a Kaspersky Secure Connection. :)
Hello ropeetz, If you find the reg tweak does not work please let us know? And, you can uninstall Kaspersky Secure Connection, (without affecting KAV), if KSC "adware" continues AFTER that, please urgently log with Technical Support via the MyKaspersky portal, and definitely tell us please? We are very interested! Thanks!

That is a notification from Kaspersky for a Kaspersky Secure Connection. :)
Hello ropeetz, If you find the reg tweak does not work please let us know? And, you can uninstall Kaspersky Secure Connection, (without affecting KAV), if KSC "adware" continues AFTER that, please urgently log with Technical Support via the MyKaspersky portal, and definitely tell us please? We are very interested! Thanks!
Yes the reg tweak did the trick,which i guess its a recurring bug, cause the notification settings did nothing to stop, apparently the reg tweak worked fine.

• 1 year later...