Having issues using Discord with Kaspersky Total Security on

Since last night after updating the database, I've been having issues using Discord while Kaspersky Total Security is turned on. I'm unable to post images as well as receive images that people post on the Discord server. I can't even update Discord as it gives me the update failed error. The problem is persistent unless I completely turn off KTS. There is a conflict with both software that I can't seem to figure out. Under the firewall settings< Application rules< I selected "Allow" discord, and the problem is still going on.  Does anyone know how to fix this problem so that both software can be compatible with each other? I never had this problem happening to me up until last night.

Screenshot 2024-01-12 164329.png

Screenshot 2024-01-12 164450.png

Screenshot 2024-01-12 111630.png

25 minutes ago, Raika said:

Since last night after updating the database, I've been having issues using Discord while Kaspersky Total Security is turned on. I'm unable to post images as well as receive images that people post on the Discord server. I can't even update Discord as it gives me the update failed error. The problem is persistent unless I completely turn off KTS. There is a conflict with both software that I can't seem to figure out. Under the firewall settings< Application rules< I selected "Allow" discord, and the problem is still going on.  Does anyone know how to fix this problem so that both software can be compatible with each other? I never had this problem happening to me up until last night.

Hello @Raika

Welcome!

1. Make sure Windows Hidden files, is checked/ticked, refer: View hidden files and folders in Windows
  2. Very important step: open Kaspersky app, select Settings, select Generaluncheck Enable Self-Defense, select Save, select Yes - to confirm the action.
  3. Exit Kaspersky app - on the Windows taskbar or hidden icons, rightclick the Kaspersky icon, select Exit.
  4. Go to folder C:\ProgramData\Kaspersky Lab\AVP21.3\Report\ and delete the contents = all files and folders.
  5. Start Kaspersky app.
  6. Enable Self-Defense.
  7. Shutdown the computer, using Shutdown, not Restart, power on, login.
  8. Re-check the issue?
  9. 💥IF the issue persists, upgrade KTS to Kaspersky PLUSread: Kaspersky: Basic, Standard, Plus, Premium - info & FAQ, by Danila T.
  10. IF the issue persists, please log a request with Kaspersky Customer Service: https://support.kaspersky.com/b2c#contacts - on the support page, select either Chat or Email, then fill in Application malfunction, Other template; please include any screen images of the error & a detailed history. Support may request logs, traces & other data; they will guide you. 
  • Please share the outcome with the Community, when it's available? 

Thank you🙏
    Flood🐳+🐋

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife
corrected link

• 2 weeks later...