Google Assistant bypasses device schedule block

Dtcolton

Device: Moto e5 (XT1920DL)
Android 8.1.0

My daughter’s phone is scheduled to block during certain hours of the night.
However, during the blocked out hours she can simply press and hold the home button and activate the google assistant and look up anything that is otherwise permitted to her phone, e.g. “search for funny memes” “scroll past pages and pages of images to her hearts content.”
She can’t browse from item to item, but she can view the content of anything the search results brings up.
In other words, it’s as if her phone is completely unlocked. I’d quantify the effectiveness of the schedule block at 5% effective.

I’ve tried forbidding the app, “Settings” and then disabling the google assistant, but if you press and hold the home button, Google proudly announces that the assistant is turned off and you can click right here to turn in it back on.
No visit to Settings required.

Additionally, if she turns on a playlist of music, say in Amazon Music, and hits play before the schedule is enforced, the music starts playing and stays playing. She can’t actually turn it off, it just goes and goes. Meaning the app stays active in device memory. But this is a minor problem, she could simply turn on the radio so that isn’t something I can control anyways.

Hello @Dtcolton 
Welcome!

• There’s a known issue, in hand with Kaspersky Safe Kids (KSK) experts/developers, where apps can continue to function outside of KSK settings. 
  • Google Assistant is one such app. 
  • The issue has been with them for a long time, there's been no feedback, other than they've acknowledged the problem. 
  • Regarding Amazon Music continuing after allowed time has expired, this is also a known issue, also is hand with (KSK) experts/developers (same status), on Android devices KSK cannot terminate an app, on Windows devices, apps with "Time's up" do terminate. 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

Hello, @Dtcolton 
The problem is known, but for some reason the developers of Kaspersky Safe Kids have been solving it for a very long time.
As a temporary solution, I suggest:
Download “AppLock” application from “Google Play Market”. In this app, set a password for “Google” and “Voice Search”. Then disable the “AppLock” application in the “Kaspersky Safe Kids” personal account. https://support.kaspersky.com/15423#block1