Full scan running earlier than scheduled.

DD45
Go to solution Solved by DD45,

I have a full scan scheduled to run at 0400 Sunday morning but it starts at 1300 Saturday afternoon.  My computer is always on and NOT in use at 0400 Sundays but IS in use at 1300 Saturdays (which is why I notice it running).
Why would it consistently start 15 hours earlier than scheduled?

6 hours ago, DD45 said:
  • I have a full scan scheduled to run at 0400 Sunday morning, but it starts at 1300 Saturday afternoon. 
  • My computer is always on and NOT in use at 0400 Sundays but IS in use at 1300 Saturdays (which is why I notice it running).

Why would it consistently start 15 hours earlier than scheduled?

Hello @DD45
Welcome!

1. Which OS name, version & build?
  2. Which KIS version & patch(x), x=letter?
  3. Has the Full scan ever run at the 4:00 Sun, scheduled time? 
  4. Have any of the Full scan parameters, apart from the Scheduled time, been modified?  
  5. When was the last time the computer was fully shutdown, using Shutdown, not, Restart, then powered ON, by pressing the power button, on the machine?  

Please post back? 
Thank you?
Flood?+?

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife

• 2 weeks later...

Running Windows 10 Home, Ver.21H2, Build 19044.2006

KIS Ver. 21.3.10.391(j)

Don't know when/if ran at 0400 Sun as scheduled (asleep then).

Only modification was to schedule the day of week & time, everything else is factory default.

Last hard reset was mid September; PC locked up & had to do a hard power down/poewr up.

Sorry for the late reply, wasn't watching forum for response & just got email today.

Edited by DD45
Added line

1 hour ago, DD45 said:

Running Windows 10 Home, Ver.21H2, Build 19044.2006, KIS Ver. 21.3.10.391(j)

1. Don't know when/if ran at 0400 Sun as scheduled (asleep then).
  2. Last hard reset. 

Hello @DD45

Thank you for posting back & the information!

1. Check KIS Scan Reports, all the information will be there. 
  2. Not a hard reset, go to Windows Start icon, select Shutdown, NOT Restart, allow the computer to shut down, power on the computer, using the power button, login, recheck if the "Full scan running earlier than scheduled" issue persists? 
  3. Is the System date & time synchronized with the World clock? 
  4. Are Power saving mode & or, Sleep mode enabled? IF "yes" to either or both, change those, again go to Windows Start icon, select Shutdown, NOT Restart, allow the computer to shut down, power on the computer, using the power button, login, recheck if the "Full scan running earlier than scheduled" issue persists? 

Please share the outcome, with the Community, when it's available? 

Thank you?
Flood?+?

OK, checked the Scan reports & had TONS of background scans but didn't see any Full scans.  Downloaded latest KISjust to make sure, powered down/up.  Verified only change from default was schedule scan weekly at 0400 Sun.

Checked on Sun., 2 Sept & saw background scan.  Checked Mon, 3 Sept. & saw another background scan.  Checked today, 4 Sept & saw a full scan. (screen shot attached)

Any ideas?

KIS Scan Log.jpg

• Like 1

Hello @DD45

Thank you for the information!

1. So, the Full Scan ran, but not at the scheduled date & time, -> correct? 
  2. Before installing the *latest* KIS, was the original KIS *uninstalled*, saving License information *only*?
  3. Confirm is the System date & time synchronized with the World clock?  
  4. Confirm - Power saving mode & or, Sleep mode are *not* enabled?
  • A tip for working with the Reports, in the Time, Select Period, you can change the calendars - to filter the timeframe(s) - select 7days, (for example), rather than wade thru 3 months of Reports. 
  • Background scans run every 24hrs, automatically - read: Scanning the computer & Background scan settings

Please post back? 

Thank you?
Flood?+?

Edited - working with Reports - to make it clearer?

The full scan ran but not at the scheduled time;correct.

When I downloaded & ran the new install it uninstalled the existing version except for the licens information.

I ran the report for 3 months to verify the previous existing log had been removed by the install process.

Windows is set to automatically set the dat/time. I don't know if it retrieves that from the local ISP or Microsoft or where but it is showing the correct furrent date & time (UTC-7)

Power saving & sleep modes are turned off (had to remember to turn monitor off when I finished using the PC).

Nothing in the "A scan task freezes or stops" seemed to apply.

6 hours ago, DD45 said:

When I downloaded & ran the new install it uninstalled the existing version except for the license information.

Hello @DD45

Thank you for the information!

1. If you're confident, during the uninstall, the only checkbox selected was License information, as in this image & the machine was rebooted, before any new KIS was downloaded & or installed
    Spoiler

image.png.1a27929b246e7aa34bdc4ba33881f669.png

2. -> (ioo) there's either something wrong with the KIS install, the KIS config or the computer, all of which needs to be analysed by looking at logs & data, which cannot be done via the Community, it must be done via Kaspersky support, please contact them, select either Chat or Email, then fill in Application Malfunction, Scan task will not complete template, noting, there is no Scan task does not run at scheduled time template, so just select the 'closest possible' & in the problem details, provide a history of the issue.

Please share the outcome with the Community, when it's available?

Thank you?
Flood?+?

• 1 month later...
  • Solution

So sorry for not coming back sooner; lost the email with the post link.

Jacked around with it a bit more; uninstalled/reinstalld a couple of times, Windows update, tried different schedules, etc.  Finally with it set to scan every day at 0400 and repeat every 1 day (what is that setting for anyway?) out of frustration I ran a manual scan. 

It's been running every day at 0400 since.  Going to leave it at that out of paranoia of messing it up by changing it to weekly.

Thanks for all your feed back!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, DD45 said:
  1. scan every day at 0400 and repeat every 1 day (what is that setting for anyway?) - out of frustration I ran a manual scan. 
  2. It's been running every day at 0400 since.  Going to leave it at that out of paranoia of messing it up by changing it to weekly.

Hello @DD45

Welcome back, no apology necessary, we understand. 

It's good to read you've had some success, well done?, a daily Full scan tho, may be a bit OTT, ioo?

1. Re - repeat every 1 day - good question, we actually don't know & it's not documented, but, we will find out & update the topic - moving along -> does the schedule you've currently implemented, look like this: 
    Spoiler

image.thumb.png.9eb82337d20765d8999fa699874f5358.png

2. IF you haven't already, we'd recommend checking Scan only new and changed files
  3. We'd also recommend Participating in Kaspersky Security Network

Thank you?
Flood?+?

• Like 1