Firefox and Evernote stopped working after installation [Closed]

Go to solution Solved by PicardJL,

After renewing license and downloading latest version. Neither Firefox nor Evernote would work. I would get a “Firefox is running but not responding” message. I tried to reinstall firefox but it would not install again. With regard to Evernote it would show in my task manager but would not actually run. MS Edge would work so the internet was still connected. Even when I disabled KIS they still would not work only a total uninstall of KIS has solved the problem. After uninstalling I managed to get Firefox and Evernote to work again. I reinstalled KIS and then again had the same problems with neither Firefox or Evernote working again so once again I uninstalled KIS and now both work again. All was well before I renewed my license and downloaded the current version. Comments please as at the momement I do not want to reinstall KIS only to have this problem again.. Thank you.

Hello @PicardJL,

Welcome!

1. If all Windows updates have a “successfully applied” status?
  2. If Windows Event logs show no Evertnote or Firefox events? 
  3. If a KIS software compatability check has been completed prior to installing the new KIS version? 
  4. If original KIS was uninstalled prior to installing the new KIS version?
  5. If, with KIS installed, Windows in SafeMode with Networking, both Evernote & Firefox do not work, raise a request with Kaspersky Technical Support, include a detailed history, images if relevant & a GSI & Windows Log
  • After submitting the case, you’ll receive an automated email with an INC+12digits reference number, then, normally, within 5 business days, a Kaspersky Technical Support human will communicate with you, also by email, you may continue to engage with the Kaspersky Technical Team via email or by updating the INC in your MyKaspersky account.

Please let us know the outcome when it’s available? 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

• Solution

Thanks for the response. I now believe that the issue was caused by an incompatible software issue of that being Malwarebytes. They had happily coexsisted before but obviously not in the 2020 version. I did a reinstallation of KIS and let it remove Malwarebytes but strangely after saying it had removed Malwarebytes and restarting it would do this on a loop wanting to So cancelled the installation, manually uninstalled Malwarebytes and then reinstalled KIS. Afterward both Firefox and  Evernote appear to be working as they should. Thank you.

Hello @PicardJL,

You’re very welcome!
Thank you for letting me know🙏 I’m glad the issue is resolved👌

The Kaspersky v20 / MBAM compatibility is “new’ to version 20, however, it’s possible to keep both, as long as MBAM Ransomware Protection is not enabled.

There was a previous suggestion: staying on Kaspersky v2019 would allow for MBAM -  all features to run, however, some Kaspersky Community members are now reporting that’s no longer the case🤔

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳