File Server issue

Hi All,

Our file server is running Windows 2012 R2 and was previously using McAfee Anti Virus and its situated in a Data Centre.
Our computers in our office had 0 problems accessing those files previously. As soon as we installed Kaspersky Endpoint Security on our file server, our computers could not connect to the mapped network drive. We can not ping the File server in command prompt either.

If anyone could help with this, i’d greatly appreciate it.

Many Thanks.

Hello @Williamlee,
are you able to connect via RDP to the server? From my point of view, there has to be something with the Firewall settings in the KES (Kaspersky Endpoint Security) policy.

Anyway, for Windows servers in general, you should have installed different security product - Kaspersky Security for Windows Servers (KSWS) - info here. It is tested on servers and does not have so huge impact on the system..

Cheers,
Milan

Hi,

Yes, same opinion, for Servers better to use Kaspersky Security for Windows Servers (KSWS).

Is included in Kaspersky Select, Advanced, or Total license.

Regards

• 1 month later...

Hi All,

Our file server is running Windows 2012 R2 and was previously using McAfee Anti Virus and its situated in a Data Centre.
Our computers in our office had 0 problems accessing those files previously. As soon as we installed Kaspersky Endpoint Security on our file server, our computers could not connect to the mapped network drive. We can not ping the File server in command prompt either.

If anyone could help with this, i’d greatly appreciate it.

Many Thanks.

Same here.  KES 11.4.0.233 managed with KSC 12, on Win2012R2.

Very annoying.  Happens randomly, and there’s no indication of what actually triggers the issue.  At first we thought it was a hardware issue and put in a new server.  But it started happening again.  KES completely stops the server from functioning - I can still move the mouse and click on icons but nothing happens.  Clients/Terminals cannot ping or connect.  Only way out is to hard reboot.

Only thing that prevents this from happening again is uninstalling from fileserver...including the KSC Network Agent.

Never had this issue in v11.1.0.15919 and below.  Every iteration and every version seems to be worse than the last.

If KSWS is the right product for Windows Servers, then the KES11 installer should have prompted this with a compatibility warning.