File Anti-Vrius reports Windows Installers ”not processed” because of ”size”

Oliver88819

I just got Kaspersky and am wondering what all this means. Are these malicious files that Kaspersky can’t delete? They appear when i connect to the internet and right now i have shut off internet access because I’m scared these are part of some trojan Kaspersky can’t detect. The screenshot is in Swedish but I hope it makes sense.

Hi @Oliver88819,

Please, could you send these files for review on the website → Kaspersky Threat Intelligence Portal

The site will analyze the files, if it is detected as malicious Kaspersky will block it.

If you are not successful, please contact Kaspersky Technical Support → Kaspersky Technical Support → EMail → Contact Support.

Take care, be well.
Thank you.
Guilherme

Hello @Oliver88819,

as an addition to @Guilhermesenes post:

.msi files are compound files, comparable to a .zip archive.
For performance reasons File-Anti-Virus did not scan these files, due to their size it would have taken too long.
They will be unpacked and scanned later in the background, or when they are opened.
Until they are unpacked, they are harmless, even if they contain malware.

However, they are likely to be regular Windows installation packages. You can check the digital signature.

Hello @Oliver88819,

yes, 'signed by' should specify who signed the package.

In your case the package seems to be unsigned. Unfortunately I can't say anything about the file, I couldn't find anything under its name or with the hashes.
The online scanner says 'clean', so everything should be ok.

PS: another tip that may help you with further posts:
How to take a screenshot