Failed do start Kaspersky Security Endpoint on Oracle Linux 8

Hi Dear,

I facing a problem to Install and configure Kaspersky Security for Linux on my Oracle Linux 8;

I've installed the network Agent on my server, so what i did:

1. Copy the folder from KSC with the instalation package of network Agent to my Oracle Linux;
2. Add the repository with rpm -i agent<version>
3. Execute the installation script in /opt/kaspersky/agent

The intalarion seems work well; in the same Second, I did able to visualize my server on the KSC (look to srvdb-localdomain);

image.thumb.png.5b1ddeb75720f3b8fce395be7b0cc2cc.png

So I've tryed do the same process with the Kaspersky Security for Linux, to start the protection:

1. Copy the folder from the KSC with the kels package installion to my Oracle Linux
2. Add the RPM repository
3. Execute the installation script;

And now my problems start

The first Problem, when the instalation wizard finished, it return with the follow error

Error: Job for kesl-supervisor.service failed because the control process exited with error code.

See "systemctl status kesl-supervisor.service" and "journalctl -xe" fordetails.

kesl not started

So, I tried Install using the KSC, and I have the error:

Event Name: Failed
Severity: Functional Failure
Application: Kaspersky Security Center Administration Server
Version Number: 14.0.0.10902
Task Name: Deploy Kaspersky Endpoint Security 11 for Linux_11.0.0.2706
Device: srvdb-localdomain
Group: Servers
Time: Saturday, May 4, 2024 09:35:09
Name of Virtual Administration Server: N/A
Description: Kaspersky Endpoint Security 11 for Linux (11.0.0.2706): Remote installation was completed with an error on this device: Installation script error

So, i Back to my Oracle Linux tryng to troubleshoot the issue, and check the Services (systemctl status kesl-supervisor.service) and i get the error

● kesl-supervisor.service - kesl

Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/system/kesl-supervisor.service; enabled; vendor preset: disabled)

Active: failed (Result: exit-code) since Sat 2024-05-04 09:58:50 -03; 2min 11s ago

Process: 1895360 ExecStart=/var/opt/kaspersky/kesl/install-current/etc/init.d/kesl-supervisor start (cod>

mai 04 09:58:50 srvdb-localdomain systemd[1]: Starting kesl...
mai 04 09:58:50 srvdb-localdomain systemd[1]: kesl-supervisor.service: Control process exited, code=exited>
mai 04 09:58:50 srvdb-localdomain systemd[1]: kesl-supervisor.service: Failed with result 'exit-code'.
mai 04 09:58:50 srvdb-localdomain systemd[1]: Failed to start kesl.

Someone can help to troubleshoot it, please?

Thanks for the time.

Hello Jenner,

the version 

Kaspersky Endpoint Security 11 for Linux (11.0.0.2706)

is end of life. 

I think it would be a good idea to check if you are up to date with your Kaspersky Products and then using Kes for Linux 12.x

Product Support Lifecycle (kaspersky.com)

Product Downloads | Endpoint Security for Business | Kaspersky (scroll down to the bottom for KES Linux)

if still problems then it makes sense to troubleshoot this with technical support team 

Thank you in advance

Best Regards