Excleding files from scan; old installers for 3D CGI resources are detected.

DavidGB

I installed Kapersky Security Cloud yesterday, having never used a Kaspersky product before. I am gradually managing to get it set as I want, but have one irritating problem.

On a full scan it found four .exe files it claimed were one kind of malware. They are not - they are all old installers for 3D CGI resources from a particular company from before they switched to providing products as .zip files. So I used the option in the notification Centre to Resolve by Add to exclusions.

Then, on a further Full scan, despite those exclusions it found the same four files again … this time claiming they were a different type of malware. So again I went though Resolve by adding them to exclusions again.

Currently I have another Full scan going - trying to find the right settings for weekly use - and it has found the SAME 4 files AGAIN, now claiming they are some 3rd kind of malware!

In the Exclusions window all the exclusions from each time are there and active, but in each there is an ‘object’ listed which is the type of malware claimed that time, so I currently have three exclusions for each file, one for each different type of malware KSC has - falsely - identified on the three full scans.

This is something I haven’t seen in any other anti-virus/security program I’ve used. How do I just say exclude this file as any type of malware whatsoever in one go?

• 2 weeks later...

Hello @DavidGB,

Welcome!

• Add File Anti-Virus exclusion(s) -  Link

• If the issue persists, please log a case with Kaspersky Technical Support, ​​​they will require a GSI & Windows Logs, a detailed history, the KSCloud Scan Report, images & they may ask for Traces, captured as the issue is replicated.  
  • After submitting the case, you’ll receive an automated email with an INC+12digits reference number, then, normally, within 5 business days, a Kaspersky Technical Support human will communicate with you, also by email, you may continue to engage with the Kaspersky Technical Team via email or by updating the INC in your MyKaspersky account.

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳