Error message when automating chrome. Chrome run by a program with restrictions is attempting to receive an audio stream.

On Win 10 in a Python script which accesses a Web site to log in a screen scrape some data, I’m getting this message: “Google Chrome run by a program with restrictions is attempting to receive an audio stream.

To automate access to the Web site, I use chromedriver.exe. 

In Kaspersky Settings/Application Control/Manage Applications I’ve ‘Allowed’ ‘Access sound recording devices’ rights for Chrome, chromedriver and python. Does anybody have an idea of what I need to do to stop Kaspersky giving this message? Although it’s totally irrelevant to the site - no audio is played - I’m perfectly happy to receive an audio stream from the source in question: the computer doesn’t have either a microphone or a camera.

All of them are in Trusted, and all rights are set to Allow:

Windows start-up

Services and controller

Host process

Windows explorer

Command processor

python

chromedriver

Google Chrome

An anomaly is that chromedriver’s digital signature is ‘Missing’ but it’s in Trust group ‘Trusted’ because I put it there, I think, but it was quite a time ago…

Anything else you can suggest?

Hello @jacquesfrancis

Thank you for posting back & the information👌

1. When ‘Additional actions’ is selected, what shows? 
  2. Which KIS version & patch(x) x = letter, is installed, on the Windows Taskbar or Windows hidden icons, rightclick the Kaspersky icon, select About?
  3. Was a Group manually created - may we have a full screen image of the assigned apps? 
  4. In Chrome: chrome://settings/content/sound  →  are there any exclusions?
  • As an observation, it appears as tho an option: Remember my choice for this sequence & do not ask again, is required🤔

Please post back?

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳 +🐋