Error Message (Start main dialog failed)

Hi there and very good day for all, 

I've got error message (start main dialog failed) after trying to reinstall kaspersky internet security , KIS indicates an application internal crash after the updates started after I entered licenes code (notably there were 7 days passed the expiration date of last licence) . So I unistall it and download the installer from kaspersky labs online, but unable to proceed.

Some people said it is due to corrupt system files, I am not aware of them .

Untitled.jpg

@Rayan AlkhayatWelcome

Try performing a complete cleanup of your device by cleaning out the temporary files and caches, as well as the Kaspersky folders that may have remained on your system with the uninstall.

After that, try installing Kaspersky again and see if the problem is resolved.

Give feedback on the result if possible 👍🏻

1 hour ago, Rayan Alkhayat said:

I've got error message (start main dialog failed) after trying to reinstall kaspersky internet security , KIS indicates an application internal crash after the updates started after (1) I entered licenes code (notably there were 7 days passed the expiration date of last licence) .

(2) So I unistall it and download the installer from kaspersky labs online, but unable to proceed.

Some people said it is due to corrupt system files, I am not aware of them 

Hello @Rayan Alkhayat,

Welcome!

Re "there were 7 days passed the expiration date of last licence", but you now have a *new* license/subscription, is that correct? 

IF the answer is 'Yes', upgrade from KIS to Kaspersky Standard, Kaspersky will eventually decommision KIS, an end date has not yet been announced, however, no further *development work* is being done on KIS or the old products;  the upgrade is free, read Kaspersky: Basic, Standard, Plus, Premium - info & FAQ, by Danila T.  -> 

IF proceeding with the upgrade:

Follow these steps to prepare, uninstall & install: 

1. Create a System Restore Point
  2. *Important* make sure the KIS *Activation code* is stored in (your) MyKaspersky account. 
  3. Export KIS Settings/configuration. Follow: How to export application settings.  (Do not Import into the new app, it's a backup config only at the moment).
  4. Uninstall KIS, follow: How to uninstall the application, do not Save any data for future use - except for *License information*.  
  5. *Upgrade* to Kaspersky Standard: use *link* in Kaspersky: Basic, Standard, Plus, Premium - info & FAQ, by Danila T., & How to install the application? 
  6. Make sure to sign into (your) MyKaspersky account -> from the *Kaspersky Standard app*, to ensure the app & the account synchronise & the license information is validated?  
  7. At the completion of the upgrade, make sure the computer is shutdown, rebooted. 
  8. After logging back in, run a Full scan - make sure it's clean. 
  • Any issues, please post back? 

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

Resource: 

*Full*Kaspersky for Windows (Standard) Online-help library